Are we still feeling good about landing BHH?

NighthawkVol

Haven’t heard/read him mentioned lately and with the two assistants leaving, I hope we’re still in the driver’s seat.

Big question is if his personality will mesh with that of Barnes? Will he be the next Grant or will he go the way of Walker?
Yeah, this is more or less the question I have too.

BHH seems to have a more modern way of playing for a big nowadays. That doesn't seem to be the way Barnes likes to uses his bigs.

Reactions: Catbone and CAVPUT

BHH seems to have a more modern way of playing for a big nowadays. That doesn't seem to be the way Barnes likes to uses his bigs.
I have to think this staff is after a real low post guy who can defend in the paint. The best possible scenario is we find a big man who embraces what Pons gave us last year when he wasn't outside defending a bit beyond the 3pt line. We get that post presence thru the portal then move BHH to the 4 and maybe JJJ to the 3 and we're gonna be interesting to watch. Force BHH to be something he won't embrace will put him in Walkers seat. Hell, I'm wanting to load up in the portal and do the best we can in the year or two we have with Chandler. I just hate the thought of having him during our "developmental" years where we bring kids along slowly then when they're ready Chandler is off in the NBA and we're lamenting having a 2 guard type trying to run the point. Back to the old coulda, woulda, shoulda days.

Brandon Huntley-Hatfield. Number 1 PF 6’ 9”. 230 lbs, 5*. Number 6 overall in 247 top player rankings. Right now he’s in the class of 2022, but is very likely to try and classify to the 2021 class. Hope this helps.

How sure are we that he's going to reclassify? He said he was going to wait until after summer to decide last I've seen about it.

I saw an interview with him recently and he talked about the head coach at the schools that were recruiting him but when talking about Tennessee he mentioned Des Oliver. Hopefully that's not any kind of huge factor since he seems to really like Ole Miss a lot too. Not sure if he's given any interviews since Oliver left. He also seemed to indicate Bobby Maze was who got him to Pearl/Auburn. Never feel great when the AAU coach is on board with another coach.

With his size and skill set, he'd be the best recruit Barnes has signed here.

How sure are we that he's going to reclassify? He said he was going to wait until after summer to decide last I've seen about it.

I saw an interview with him recently and he talked about the head coach at the schools that were recruiting him but when talking about Tennessee he mentioned Des Oliver. Hopefully that's not any kind of huge factor since he seems to really like Ole Miss a lot too. Not sure if he's given any interviews since Oliver left. He also seemed to indicate Bobby Maze was who got him to Pearl/Auburn. Never feel great when the AAU coach is on board with another coach.

With his size and skill set, he'd be the best recruit Barnes has signed here.

No he didn’t, Maze isn’t pushing the kid to Auburn.

No he didn’t, Maze isn’t pushing the kid to Auburn.

I didn't say Maze was pushing him there but in his interviews he mentions Maze and his connections to Pearl and that Pearl was his first offer. That would indicate to me that Maze likely clued Pearl in about him. I also saw an interview that said Maze directly said his own playing time at Tennessee would have no effect on the decision of BHH. So he probably isn't "pushing" him anywhere but Bobby Maze I would imagine is definitely on board with him playing for Pearl.

Reactions: volfan__18
I didn't say Maze was pushing him there but in his interviews he mentions Maze and his connections to Pearl and that Pearl was his first offer. That would indicate to me that Maze likely clued Pearl in about him. I also saw an interview that said Maze directly said his own playing time at Tennessee would have no effect on the decision of BHH. So he probably isn't "pushing" him anywhere but Bobby Maze I would imagine is definitely on board with him playing for Pearl.

Then you don’t know much about Maze & Pearl’s relationship...how many BMaze players have played for Pearl?

Big question is if his personality will mesh with that of Barnes? Will he be the next Grant or will he go the way of Walker?
I definitely am going to go with neither. Yeah Walker probably would have played some had he not been in the doghouse but I also get the sense that he was not physically ready to be a positive contributor with significant minutes. It's not like Barnes is going to leave a top ten, one and done player on the bench, cmon now. There were rumors on here even that Springer was not necessarily the biggest fan of Barnes' coaching style, but they seemed to still have a functional "working" relationship, if you will, cause Springer was too talented and was going to be here for too short of a time to try and lessen his playing time to teach some sort of lesson.
He's not going to have a career like Grant's because he won't be here 3 years.

If a player reclassifies like this, do 247 and Rivals keep his ranking as is? I know it doesn’t matter that much but just curious if anyone knew

VN Store

Back