Get over to the baseball board, folks.

NighthawkVol

Sorry, I know this is a football board and I hope this thread isn’t moved or deleted. But we have a monster growing over at Lindsey Nelson. Will probably be ranked in the top 5 when the next rankings come out and set to host #1 Vandy next weekend.

Vitello has been the best thing to happen to UT athletics in a long time. We need to suppprt this program so he sticks around. If you’re not already going over there, I hope you’ll join and contribute. Baseball is fun again.

I was an undergrad at UT when we had Todd Helton and R.A. Dickey and made it to Omaha in 1995. This is definitely our best baseball team since then. It's exciting and a much needed relief from the despair and disappointment everywhere else in our athletic department. Vitello is getting it done. Gotta keep him. Missouri is going to be coming for him... soon.

Sorry, I know this is a football board and I hope this thread isn’t moved or deleted. But we have a monster growing over at Lindsey Nelson. Will probably be ranked in the top 5 when the next rankings come out and set to host #1 Vandy next weekend.

Vitello has been the best thing to happen to UT athletics in a long time. We need to suppprt this program so he sticks around. If you’re not already going over there, I hope you’ll join and contribute. Baseball is fun again.

Watched game 2 against Alabama on the SEC Network but I hope they can keep it up. Probably worth trying to get to Knoxville to support them.

I was an undergrad at UT when we had Todd Helton and R.A. Dickey and made it to Omaha in 1995. This is definitely our best baseball team since then. It's exciting and a much needed relief from the despair and disappointment everywhere else in our athletic department. Vitello is getting it done. Gotta keep him. Missouri is going to be coming for him... soon.

My only concern is hitting. We appear to be scrappy more than anything and are willing ourselves to victory with opportunistic plays.

My only concern is hitting. We appear to be scrappy more than anything and are willing ourselves to victory with opportunistic plays.
I’ll take that any day. This team knows how to win, the hitting could be better but we do have our fair share of sluggers. Gilbert and Rucker are both awesome

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Yep Helton, Adam Priest and Dickey fun group!

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
While I grew up a HUGE baseball fan, free agency has killed that game. There is absolutely no loyalty among the players to any team now. They just move from team to team for a few more dollars. I would rather sit on my front porch and watch my grass grow than sit through a 9 inning baseball game now.

If the NCAA is not careful, the transfer portal is going to do the same thing to college sports.

Best thing to UT baseball since the early 1950's when the Vols went for the championship with numerous football players on the team.

While I grew up a HUGE baseball fan, free agency has killed that game. There is absolutely no loyalty among the players to any team now. They just move from team to team for a few more dollars. I would rather sit on my front porch and watch my grass grow than sit through a 9 inning baseball game now.

If the NCAA is not careful, the transfer portal is going to do the same thing to college sports.
I am a huge baseball fan and I’d agree the free agency monster has changed the game forever. However what we saw this past week with MLB has the potential to damage (and maybe even destroy) MLB forever!! I had a conversation with them on Tuesday and make no mistake about it....they are regretting what they’ve done but don’t know how to reverse it. As I recently heard for an example....NCAA basketball championship had 17 million viewers... NBA Championship had 7 million. Baseball is a great game by itself but could EASILY go the way of the NBA.

Too bad watching college baseball is like watching paint dry.

Reactions: feathersax
I am a huge baseball fan and I’d agree the free agency monster has changed the game forever. However what we saw this past week with MLB has the potential to damage (and maybe even destroy) MLB forever!! I had a conversation with them on Tuesday and make no mistake about it....they are regretting what they’ve done but don’t know how to reverse it. As I recently heard for an example....NCAA basketball championship had 17 million viewers... NBA Championship had 7 million. Baseball is a great game by itself but could EASILY go the way of the NBA.

They should be concerned, the worst thing that can happen to a sport is people realize they can live without. I am there with many sports now. Play the game and leave your opinions to yourself.

They should be concerned, the worst thing that can happen to a sport is people realize they can live without. I am there with many sports now. Play the game and leave your opinions to yourself.
Completely agree. Haven’t watched NBA for years. I couldn’t go a Sunday without NFL Football but stopped watching a few years ago like so many others. I don’t miss it one bit. Baseball is next. I won’t watch it any longer and I imagine it will be the same. I won’t miss it at all. Impulsive, ignorant decisions are going to cost them more than they could have imagined.

Too bad watching college baseball is like watching paint dry.

Interesting point of view as I find it more entertaining Thant MLB. There is more passion among the players and the feeling that every series important.

I prefer football and basketball but have enjoyed following the Volnation baseball game threads and watching when on TV.

VN Store

Back