‘23 IL OG Paris Patterson

Yep. ESL is probably the top football school in IL.
ESPN had a 30 for 30 on ESL when the wr ( who went to Miami) and the qb were seniors. Think Spraggins was a freshman at that time. Maybe when they won their first state championship? Well worth the time to watch it

Last edited:
Tennessee offered East St. Louis 2023 OL Paris Patterson today. It was his first offer, and I am surprised it took this long. Illinois is playing a spring HS season, but Paris has been camping all over since his freshman year ended - a freshman year in which he started on a state championship team. I have covered and written about Paris extensively.

Tennessee landed Javontez Spraggins out of East St. Louis in the 2020 class, and Paris is an even better prospect than Spraggins. He could play either right tackle or guard, and I see him having similar upsides at both. Physically he looks like a college lineman right now and he is a good athlete for the position.

- Josh Helmholdt

My son lined up against this kid at a showcase last fall. And he's tough. He dominated the showcase, along with his teammate miles McVeigh. ESL is loaded with talented OL players. If this kid is 6'5 , I'm Shaquille O'Neal. He's every bit of 6'6 and looked about 320+, and still possessed very quick feet, a strong punch, and a bit of a nasty streak. All of the ESL kids play with nastiness.

Last edited:
Seems to have the length to possibly play RT (I can't speak to his quickness/foot work). From a school that would make a wonderful pipeline and that has another high level offensive lineman. And clearly we liked him enough to bring him in.

I get that we are probably only taking 3-4 more and that we need offensive tackles, but I would love to see this guy as one them (granted my opinion is based merely on his size, school, and ranking)

Looks to have good power and stability when he gets his hands on you, but did seem to play high, needs to get lower, poor d line guys gets hands to face and throat a lot. But if he can get to play lower and in college strength program I see a lot potential.

Reactions: Type Orange+

VN Store

Back