Orange & White Game's top 10 largest crowds all-time

Is this O&W game turnout the same thing as having a large funeral turnout? The honored guest is still dead.

It wasn't the biggest crowd, attendance-wise, but the 2009 Kiffin & Co introduction was full of excitement. That coaching squad was full of Rock Stars in the eyes of the Tennessee Faithful (Hopeful?).

It wasn't the biggest crowd, attendance-wise, but the 2009 Kiffin & Co introduction was full of excitement. That coaching squad was full of Rock Stars in the eyes of the Tennessee Faithful (Hopeful?).
Opening play Crompton goes deep for a TD and everyone went nuts. After watching JC struggle to tie his shoes in 2008, seeing that play was like having the weight of the world taken off you.

The first O&W game I recall attending as a teenager was the 2005 season. They were stacked with NFL talent and it just felt like a special team being there. I enjoyed getting all of their autographs during the meet and greet on the field. But as we all know they ended up being the most disappointing team in many of our lives. That was a gut punch of a season considering the caliber of players we had.

I think we can put 50-60k in there for this orange an white game if most fans can let go of past years . I however will be there and bringing my son to his first or age and white game coming all the way from Huntington wv. Hope I see a lot of us in here there . GBO
Probably 35,000

Opening play Crompton goes deep for a TD and everyone went nuts. After watching JC struggle to tie his shoes in 2008, seeing that play was like having the weight of the world taken off you.
Then the UCLA game came and it was back to feeling the weight of the world again.

I think it is interesting that seven of the ten highest attended Orange and White games have been in the last ten years - the period that I believe we can all agree has been very difficult to bear for the fans. I think that speaks to the UT fan base, and how much we really care about the team and the university.

Butch Jones ..... greatest O&W game coach if all time.

I would say the greatest O&W "Entertainment Director". I saw little evidence of coaching. I've never seen a football game stopped to throw footballs into a garbage can. Which ironically is where he ended up.

Reactions: Gillimus
I would say the greatest O&W "Entertainment Director". I saw little evidence of coaching. I've never seen a football game stopped to throw footballs into a garbage can. Which ironically is where he ended up.

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment based on the fact he had many of the highest attendance numbers listed.

Reactions: basspond
I think it is interesting that seven of the ten highest attended Orange and White games have been in the last ten years - the period that I believe we can all agree has been very difficult to bear for the fans. I think that speaks to the UT fan base, and how much we really care about the team and the university.

That was one of the few games we knew that the Vols were guaranteed a win.

VN Store

Back