Marcus Pierce Thoughts?

VFLCodyGBO

WGWTFA
Went to the open practice and saw him get several carries. Just based on the eye test he looks to be the quickest of all of our backs. Anyone else notice? I know we had a couple RBs sidelined, so he may not see the field in the fall, but I was impressed especially for a walk-on.

UT vs UT practice sessions could give you a very false read on how good someone might be against other SEC teams. Remember he is scrimmaging against our D. The same D that has no LBs.

100%, but speed was still there. I’m not talking wiggle or tackle breaking or field vision. Just watching him compared to our other backs, he seemed to be much quicker.

I guess any good news is encouraging. But, I'm guessing UTs defense is among the slowest and most out of position in all of D1 football.....

Went to the open practice and saw him get several carries. Just based on the eye test he looks to be the quickest of all of our backs. Anyone else notice? I know we had a couple RBs sidelined, so he may not see the field in the fall, but I was impressed especially for a walk-on.
Good walk-on to have.
But the quickest RB out there was Beckwith imo. Wright and Beckwith both showed great straight line speed too. Hodge showed good power and quickness too.

Reactions: joevol33

Any gestimate as to fan attendance Saturday? The angle of cameras in the vids that I saw showed no fans.

Any gestimate as to fan attendance Saturday? The angle of cameras in the vids that I saw showed no fans.

I’d guess under 1,000. Everyone fit spaced 6ft apart and only sitting on odd rows between the ends zones on the home side lower bowl. Very very sparse crowd.

It’s a shame, anyone sitting near the end zone opposite of the Jumbotron got some laughs courtesy of Garner and our D-Line. Really nice setting honestly. Crowd noise was low enough that you could plainly hear the coaching on the field when there wasn’t music playing

I’d guess under 1,000. Everyone fit spaced 6ft apart and only sitting on odd rows between the ends zones on the home side lower bowl. Very very sparse crowd.

It’s a shame, anyone sitting near the end zone opposite of the Jumbotron got some laughs courtesy of Garner and our D-Line. Really nice setting honestly. Crowd noise was low enough that you could plainly hear the coaching on the field when there wasn’t music playing

Thanks for the info, Cody.

UT vs UT practice sessions could give you a very false read on how good someone might be against other SEC teams. Remember he is scrimmaging against our D. The same D that has no LBs.
LOL he MAY be a LB before spring is over.
GBO!!

VN Store

Back