Vols Tuesday practice 4/13

Fingers

Vols WR Jalin Hyatt was back participating in individual drills today.
d.ubben

Black Jerseys: Riley Locklear, LaTrell Bumphus, Doneiko Slaughter, Jimmy Holiday, Len’Neth Whitehead,
Not dressed: Jeremy Banks
Dressed: Roman Harrison, Jabari Small, Jalin Hyatt, Tiyon Evans, Tyler Baron, Jay Blakely
Back but partially limited: Hyatt and Tiyon Evans
Left after stretching: Roman Harrison, Locklear, Bumphus, Banks

Hooker: Solid. Looked the same like the other practices. Had a nice deep seam completion to Fant.
Maurer: Looked sharp throwing comebacks and slants
Bailey: Solid day throwing comebacks and slants.

Walker Merrill making some nice catches along with Andison Koby.

LT: Davis, Calbert
LG: Carvin, Harris
C: Cooper, Ollie Lane
RG: Soraggins, Akporoghene, Lampley
RT: Cade, Wright, Perry, Parker
TE: Golesh animated, preaching “violence” coming off line to imposing physicality on LBs.
a.price

Jabari Small, Tiyon Evans, Jay Blakely and Tyler Baron were all dressed today. Roman Harrison and Jeremy Banks went to workout indoors after the stretch period, as did LaTrell Bumphus. These players have returned during portions of group practice, but aren’t participating, mainly observing.

A lot of energy coming from Alex Golesh today and the TE’s group, as he’s very hands on with his group.
t.wallace

Whatever issue was slowing Hyatt down didn't appear to be impacting him much in brief viewing on Tuesday. The 6-foot, 175-pounder, who's expected to be one of Tennessee's top options on offense and could have a big season in this offense, was quick off the line and crisp out of his breaks on a couple of shorter routes. His speed and burst will fit right in with what the Vols want to do on offense.

Watching the defensive line go through the first drill, Kurott Garland, Thomas, Darel Middleton and Bryson Eason all showed impressive quickness to move around the hoop on the ground. Most impressive of all, though, was Byron Young. The junior college transfer is long, lean and noticeably explosive, and he went through the drill much faster than the bigger guys ahead of him. Also worth noting that Dominic Bailey was second in line in that drill after getting a lot of second-team work in Saturday's open practice.

Pretty crisp routes on air for the quarterbacks and Velus Jones Jr., Jimmy Calloway, Andison Coby and Walker Merrill. The Vols continue to work on a lot of option-type routes where what the receiver runs is based on the defender's alignment. Inside leverage means break the route toward the sideline and outside leverage means a crossing pattern/drag. Natural picks are also going to be a feature for this offense at the receiver position.
p.brown

Ey4nWLLW8AQIzsb

Last edited:
Austin Price strikes again. I don’t think the man can have a 100% honest write up. He picks his guy every year, and adds that extra “pop” to that guy in every report. As if HB and BM didn’t connect on anything deep all day? Come on man

Austin Price strikes again. I don’t think the man can have a 100% honest write up. He picks his guy every year, and adds that extra “pop” to that guy in every report. As if HB and BM didn’t connect on anything deep all day? Come on man

He’s too busy liking girls photos on twitter

Reactions: 1vol8
Finely good to see some of this in OUR offense instead of every other high octane offense in the conference. Going against it in practice will undoubtedly help our defense too.

I'm not part of the Grammar Police, but my Lord, I've never heard of that word used in that manner. Now, that is one for Volnaruon Thesaurus. Next to Pocket Presents, and PreMadonna. 🤣🤣🤣

May have already been discussed so sorry if it has, but what's the deal with the black stripes back on the helmets? At 1st I thought it was just the outer shell but noticed it was on the QBs as well.

Reactions: Mightyvol

VN Store

Back