Pick our Rivals #2

Which permanent rivals would you choose if we could have only TWO?

• Alabama

Votes: 123 60.6%
  • Auburn

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Florida

Votes: 126 62.1%
  • Georgia

Votes: 48 23.6%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 37 18.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Ole Miss

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Miss State

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Vandy

Votes: 48 23.6%
  • One of the newer conference members (Arkansas, Mizzou, South Carolina, Texas A&M)

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
Okay, same basic scenario and question as before, only this time, the SEC has decided that each program will have only two permanent rivals. A 9-game SEC season for each team, 7 of the opponents rotate from year to year, and 2 are played annually.

Who are the Vols two permanent rivals?

It's a harder question than the original. And the results might be quite different than just taking the top two results from the first poll.

Me, I'd go with Bama and Vandy. How about you?

And before the "we need to drop Bama cause we ain't gud nuff to beat them and it's an automatic loss" ...let's make them Florida's permanent too. Makes more sense than quitting.

Don't we already play six of those every season anyway?
Seems to me the only choice is which teams to play from the West.

Okay, same basic scenario and question as before, only this time, the SEC has decided that each program will have only two permanent rivals. A 9-game SEC season for each team, 7 of the opponents rotate from year to year, and 2 are played annually.

It's a harder question than the original. And the results might be quite different than just taking the top two results from the first poll.

Are they changing the format?
Are we not playing all the SEC East teams every year anymore?

Reactions: Border Vol

Do this thread next JP. . . "who would you pick for a permanent OOC rival?"

I picked Vandy and Kentucky.

The "rivalry" between the two states goes to back Pre Civil War.
Vandy is just the in-state school. Should be a rivalry.

PS............Kick UF out of the SEC. Only good things in Florida are my son and FSU.:cool:

Sounds like you like to win .....

200.gif

Reactions: Catbone
Reactions: MAD and memtownvol
Have to be competitive to be rivals. That puts Vanderbilt and Kentucky/South Carolina as current rivals, as those are the only teams UT is competitive with.

Take Bama off the schedule and replace them with Ole Miss or Arkansas, but you guys like losing to Bama by 30 every season too much to let them go.

VN Store

Back