Pick our Rivals #3

Who would you pick as a permanent OOC rival for the Vols?

• Clemson

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Florida State

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Georgia Tech

Votes: 30 13.6%
  • Memphis

Votes: 32 14.5%
  • North Carolina

Votes: 33 15.0%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 30 13.6%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Texas

Votes: 26 11.8%
  • Virginia Tech

Votes: 40 18.2%
  • Other (Sewanee, Cumberland, Michigan, UCLA, Syracuse (orange v orange), etc.)

Votes: 10 4.5%

• Total voters

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
By popular request, who would you pick as a permanent, every-year, out-of-conference rival?

I can't list all 65 Power5 schools, it only allows up to 10 choices. So apologies if I didn't get your favorite listed...I tried to pick ones that had some rhyme or reason behind them. :)

Me, I'd go with Notre Dame. The series is perfectly tied with them, I think, at 5-5...they're a significant school...they're non-affiliated most of the time...and we and they have history.

But there are a lot of good options here. What's your favorite?

I’d like to see a wired one and maybe not every year but say home and home followed by a 1/2 year break then a home and home and that’s nebraska... just talk about same time line from good to bad lol.. both schools just have a rich tradition, a die hard fan base and great football atmospheres.. either way I’ll get it in a few years unless one school backs out

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Memphis-- because we should sign a few players out of there every year. And because it's usually an easy win.

I voted Georgia Tech because they are the only program on that list that is on the same level as UT. We might be able to sneak out a win. That won't happen though because of their yearly OOC SEC game with UGA.

VN Store

Back