5 UT Transfers are projected Starters

LittleVol

Of course I can help you, Coach Heupel.
5 guys off a 3-7 UT ball club are projected starters at OU, UNC, and Miami.

OU (Big 12 Champs 2020)
- Gray is already the 3rd down back and looks to be the outright favorite as RB 1
- Lawrence is the projected starter at NB. And already has rep for being one of the stronger guys pound for pound on the team.
- Morris is still recovering from an injury from his time here, but he is the projected starter at LT

UNC- ACC Coastal runner-up
Ty Chandler- projected starter at RB and KR

Miami- 8-4 in 2020
- D Johnson projected starter at EDGE. Battled through a Quaritine protocol to emerge as one starting option at DE.

Wazzu- yeah that guy is starting there now.

So, how is this possible, when we supposedly just weren't very talented???

My point of this thread is to spotlight how you cannot give one ounce of legitimacy towards the Pruitt era, and the record of 2020. He was by a large margin the worst coach in UT history.

Heupel has the following:
Hyatt **** 4.3 -40
Wideman ****
Calloway **** 4.4
Keyton ****
Merrill **** 4.4
Holliday- 4.3
Jones- 4.3 proven playmaker
Coby and Tillman have ability too.

RB
Better overall than last year believe it or not.

Look man, Mizzou, UK, USCE, Pitt, Tech,
S-Bama, Vandy, are not more talented than us.

Look at the beginning of this post to remind you how we really don't know what's on our roster.

We HAD 3 guys that just transferred to a Playoff team and are projected starterS

@LittleVol

It will likely take more than one offseason to reverse some of the "coaching" this team has received the past three years and to reverse the culture from the lying, cheating Gump that ran the program...

Talent wise, only Bama, UF, and UGA are more talented.
Offensively I agree. Defensively, not so much.

Offensively I agree. Defensively, not so much.

Which team not named UGA, UF, or Bama is more talented? Even if you say a team like UK or Ole Miss, at best, they are marginally more talented. Their advantage is their coaches get to coach this offseason while ours have to undo prior pi$$ poor coaching....

Which team not named UGA, UF, or Bama is more talented? Even if you say a team like UK or Ole Miss, at best, they are marginally more talented. Their advantage is their coaches get to coach this offseason while ours have to undo prior pi$$ poor coaching....
LSU and Auburn off the top of my head have much more defensive talent. Who on our defensive line starts for LSU? Who of our linebackers start for LSU? Who in our secondary start for LSU?

I hated losing Eric Gray, but I think the greatest loss will be Key Lawrence.
Hated to lose Lawrence, but Slaughter had beat him out. He's still here. Slaughter is our NB now. Came in as a safety, then GAME 1 is told To guard Shi Smith, one of the faster slots in the SEC. And he got beat like a drum.
1) WTH Ansley??? You put a true freshman safety on Shi Smith??

2) As the game went on, Slaughter showed he could run with him. Still, had way too much man coverage with no pass rush.

Had Key Lawrence stayed here, he's probably starting opposite of Taylor at CB. I think if Slaughter had transferred to OU he'd be starting at NB the same...

LSU and Auburn off the top of my head have much more defensive talent. Who on our defensive line starts for LSU? Who of our linebackers start for LSU? Who in our secondary start for LSU?

Do we play LSU, Auburn, or A&M this year?

I was referring to the 9 teams on our schedule not named Bama, Florida, and Georgia

We have literally 0 talent at LB'er. Marginal talent at safety, 3 true corners on the entire roster, and a bunch of converted linebackers at DE.

I agree with that. And will be better coached, especially at the linebacker position. But man are we thin there.
Less so when Willis and French return...which is apparent. With Harrison and Joseph converting to ILB, we could be a pretty salty unit...hinging on pace of development.

We have literally 0 talent at LB'er. Marginal talent at safety, 3 true corners on the entire roster, and a bunch of converted linebackers at DE.
Nowhere near 0 talent. Adjustable scheme boosts safety effectiveness and I count 4 corners with 4 scholarships available via transfer portal. Outside linebackers in the 3-4 are DE’s in the 4-2-5...it’s a thing.

Marginal talent that kept Key Lawrence off the field...
Flowers had a UGA offer. McCullough had a Bama offer. Burrell Florida offer, Taylor UGA offer. Slaughter Florida offer.

You are missing the entire point of my post. All you heard/hear is how
"Gray was overrated"
"Chandler was a bust"
"Morris is soft"
Etc...
Yet all these guys are now STARTERS on BETTER teams.

In other words, we indeed did had/have talent..

Less so when Willis and French return...which is apparent. With Harrison and Joseph converting to ILB, we could be a pretty salty unit...hinging on pace of development.
Maybe. None of them have played more than a few downs of college ball though.

Maybe. None of them have played more than a few downs of college ball though.
Harrison and Joseph have. Not as heavily as who they’re replacing. But the speed of the game won’t be an issue.

Reactions: Remy
This undercuts the argument some have made that we didn't lose any good players off that 3-7 team to the Portal, we did, and this does not include Henry T or Crouch, either of whom, certainly Henry T, can walk in and start in many places.

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back