'19 KY DL Ricky Barber Jr (UCF commit)

Heard an interesting note on the transfer portal. Over 1500 players now in the portal but only 600 or so scholarships available by 130 D-one schools. Means there are a lot of transfers that will not be on scholarship this coming season. Very interesting!
OR it means there will be a lot of players returning to their teams with their tails between their legs because they realize that nobody else wanted them, and they're lucky to even have the privilege of playing the game they love for a free education.

Yall admit.........................there are lots of SLEEPERS OUT THERE THAT JUST NEED A CHANCE...WE NEED SOME THAT ARE HUNGRY AND COMMITTED TO MAKING TENN A FACTOR AGAIN.

Heard an interesting note on the transfer portal. Over 1500 players now in the portal but only 600 or so scholarships available by 130 D-one schools. Means there are a lot of transfers that will not be on scholarship this coming season. Very interesting!
Or a lot of the transfers aren’t on scholarship at this time. We have a few.

A lot these guys will end up at the old Div. II, now FCS, schools with playing time available . . . The Portal is a blessing and a curse for every team and coaching staff, configuring a roster will be difficult with the puts and takes, then throw in the "COVID-19 extra year of eligibility will create a scholarship crunch.

Good luck Coach Heup!!

GBO

A lot these guys will end up at the old Div. II, now FCS, schools with playing time available . . . The Portal is a blessing and a curse for every team and coaching staff, configuring a roster will be difficult with the puts and takes, then throw in the "COVID-19 extra year of eligibility will create a scholarship crunch.

Good luck Coach Heup!!

GBO
FCS used to be referenced as Division I-AA.

OR it means there will be a lot of players returning to their teams with their tails between their legs because they realize that nobody else wanted them, and they're lucky to even have the privilege of playing the game they love for a free education.
Not disagreeing but if I’m the coach, once you enter the portal your scholarship is revoked.

Not disagreeing but if I’m the coach, once you enter the portal your scholarship is revoked.
And I get that, but it is bad optics. Because then it seems like you dont have the best interests of the kid at heart. Even if you do that, you dont say it or let it get out. But yeah....I'm not sure how this transfer portal is gonna pan out. Its gonna strain a lot of relationships.

Reactions: tennesseeduke

VN Store

Back