Pro WR coaches on Josh Palmer

SNAFU

From The Athletic

TENNESSEE’S JOSH PALMER

WR Coach No. 1: He’s a big receiver who is starting to figure out how to use his body. He has pretty good awareness. He can feel where the DB is on him. He has the right makeup. He stayed in there and played through what was a pretty toxic situation and with really shaky quarterback play.

WR Coach No. 3: He’s just a good player. You see him run a lot of the routes you’d see him run on Sunday, but he wasn’t really a dynamic workout guy. I think coaches probably like him more than personnel guys probably do. He’s beating press coverage and he does little things in his routes well that you notice; strong hands; high-points the ball. There’s a lot of stuff that you don’t have to teach because he already does it.

WR Coach No. 2: He gave it to (Alabama’s Patrick) Surtain. I think he’s gonna be a better pro than he was in college. He played in a program that was really hurting at quarterback. He doesn’t wow you with anything, but he’s just really good at everything.

I really feel like Pruitt was the only person on the planet who couldn't see how bad JG was.

Good for Palmer. Hope he has a great NFL career.

I know it has already been said, but maybe Pruitt knew JG wasn't the answer just the best he had. Not one of his other quarterbacks consistently impressed me that they were, in fact, very good, but being overlooked. QB has been a trainwreck since Dobbs left.

From The Athletic

TENNESSEE’S JOSH PALMER

WR Coach No. 1: He’s a big receiver who is starting to figure out how to use his body. He has pretty good awareness. He can feel where the DB is on him. He has the right makeup. He stayed in there and played through what was a pretty toxic situation and with really shaky quarterback play.

WR Coach No. 2: He gave it to (Alabama’s Patrick) Surtain. I think he’s gonna be a better pro than he was in college. He played in a program that was really hurting at quarterback. He doesn’t wow you with anything, but he’s just really good at everything.

Understatements

Guess Tee wasn't that bad of a coach after all ...

Agreed-Trust and believe that Tee Martin was the last of our troubles here,if anything he was one of the few bright spots.We have had some good position coaches but its a shame the program is what it is right now.

Reactions: lexkyvol
Palmer wasn’t that good when he was here. JJ and MC were better.
Yeah. But he was still good when thrown too. Complete WR. I'd bet you a house he makes a ton more money than Jennings over the next 5 years. He burned UGAs top CBs and Bama's too this year.
Really shatty QB play while he was here.
I feel so bad for Palmer, Chandler and Trey Smith having to play 4 years with JG.

From The Athletic

TENNESSEE’S JOSH PALMER

WR Coach No. 3: He’s just a good player. You see him run a lot of the routes you’d see him run on Sunday, but he wasn’t really a dynamic workout guy. I think coaches probably like him more than personnel guys probably do. He’s beating press coverage and he does little things in his routes well that you notice; strong hands; high-points the ball. There’s a lot of stuff that you don’t have to teach because he already does it.

Palmer...
images

I know it has already been said, but maybe Pruitt knew JG wasn't the answer just the best he had. Not one of his other quarterbacks consistently impressed me that they were, in fact, very good, but being overlooked. QB has been a trainwreck since Dobbs left.

JG f-cked up enough to lose the job a dozen times.

I know it wasn't a great season on offense, but I thought Palmer looked so much improved in 2020. And he was pretty good in 2019. You just can't see it in his stats because we had hot garbage at QB for most of the season.

Unfortunately for CJP he suffers from a deadly virus that is almost incurable, arrogantisis ignoranceitis. Had absolutely no business being a HC, at any level.

Reactions: Lurker

VN Store

Back