Transfers

How many transfers can we take? Not sure how it works this year.
Every transfer counts as a spot in your 25 class. We can backcount them into the '21 class, and since so many were let out of their NLI, we should be able to take quite a few.

Just read on another site this AM that the SEC has not yet to rule on whether transfers within the SEC can be immediately eligible or have a penalty assessed to the school or player. I think it was Saturday Down South but will check. So the Ole Miss receiver may not be able to play this coming season.

Just read on another site this AM that the SEC has not yet to rule on whether transfers within the SEC can be immediately eligible or have a penalty assessed to the school or player. I think it was Saturday Down South but will check. So the Ole Miss receiver may not be able to play this coming season.
Miss St.
It doesn't matter where othey go too. This year everyone is immediately eligible .

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
J. Payton is a grad transfer according to "Corner" on another site.

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
Miss St.
It doesn't matter where othey go too. This year everyone is immediately eligible .

No their not..... As it stands right now... if a player wants to transfer within the SEC conference he will have to wait a year. They are supposedly going to vote on rescinding that in June. the Big12 also has such a rule right now.

Reactions: miket4god
Pffftt, please! It’s 2021. Ain’t nothin a little social media backlash won’t fix. Raise a stink on Instagram, call it “_____ism” and sit back and watch the SEC fold like one of those little origami birds.
GBO!!

Last edited:
How many transfers can we take? Not sure how it works this year.
As many as we want. Clemson's whole team is expected to transfer here by fall camp. Seriously, it blows my mind that people still don't realize transfers go against your yearly 25 initial counters, the question is asked at least 3 times a day.

Honestly, I consider transfers to be a crap shoot. They're in the portal for any number of reasons, but I still consider it more trading one problem for another. It's like going juco for help. It's really a surprise when they actually help your program. Heupel is doing all he can to help shore up a roster in desperate need of reinforcements. I'll consider 6 wins a real coup for Heupel this coming season. Hell, he gets 8 wins inside of 4 years and he's elite IMO.

As many as we want. Clemson's whole team is expected to transfer here by fall camp. Seriously, it blows my mind that people still don't realize transfers go against your yearly 25 initial counters, the question is asked at least 3 times a day.
I know the 25 man rule is correct but it seems unfair that UT or any college team can have so many defections in the transfer portal and not be able to replace the same number. With all of the transfers out how many scholarship players under 85 will we have?

Reactions: coffeecountyvol
First show me where my question has been asked 3 times a day. Second, you obviously don’t know the answer to my question. I know it counts against 25. However, how many did we sign, do the players we let out count against 25, do players that are getting an extra year because of COVID count if they transfer. All this plays into the answer of how many we can take. So instead of answering, which I’m pretty sure you don’t know, you decide to be a smart a**. What purpose did that serve? I’ll answer for you, none.

First show me where my question has been asked 3 times a day. Second, you obviously don’t know the answer to my question. I know it counts against 25. However, how many did we sign, do the players we let out count against 25, do players that are getting an extra year because of COVID count if they transfer. All this plays into the answer of how many we can take. So instead of answering, which I’m pretty sure you don’t know, you decide to be a smart a**. What purpose did that serve? I’ll answer for you, none.
tenor (17).gif

There has been like 20 defections since Huepel was hired (not that many, but a bunch nonetheless) and a bunch of them have been guys that we just signed. There is also some confusion towards back counting. I myself have seen different numbers thrown around multiple places, so it certainly isn't as simple as you make it out to be. Not every poster is on here every day either. If you don't want to read a thread or make a productive post, then move on. What's the point in being a d!ck?

VN Store

Back