Slugging Percentage
37 Tennessee 1549 AB 718 TB .464

Strikeout to Walk Ration
5 Tennessee 422 SO 177 BB 3.61

WHIP
13 Tennessee 1.20

Walks Allowed per 9 innings
7 Tennessee 2.56

Some pretty good stats across the board.

1.20 team WHIP is pretty impressive.

Completely agree. I’ve been saying all season that this pitching staff is pretty good. Always have some naysayers on here (usually driveby folks), but they have performed well overall. This is a tough league for pitchers, without a doubt. They just need to get more pitchers involved for the long postseason run. Will likely be hard to make it using only a handful of guys.

Reactions: BigDave and vol66
Thanks for posting. So, to summarize: A good power hitting offense with good plate discipline, a very good pitching staff that doesn't beat itself with bases on balls, and an OK but not great defensive team.

I know it's cliche but its Moneyball...get on base don't run yourself out of an inning

I was thinking the EXACT same thing when looking at the stats--both pitching and hitting

I've posted before that other teams' staff must abhor facing our patient lineup. No pitcher will have a complete game against this team. Unless their coach hates them anyway

Reactions: VolnJC
Thanks for posting. So, to summarize: A good power hitting offense with good plate discipline, a very good pitching staff that doesn't beat itself with bases on balls, and an OK but not great defensive team.

Nothing extraordinary, HOWEVER, we won't beat ourselves BUT we will let the other team beat themselves.
OBP reflects BB and HBP

Pitching wise...the WHIP rocks!

When trying to compare to MLB teams of the past....Earl Weaver's Baltimore Orioles come to mind. Good pitching. Station-to-stations.

I know teams in cold climes can often start slow offensively; but this team's stats have to be comparatively better than in pre-conference play.

If all the individual stats for pitchers l were put in the NCAA stats we would have a couple in the top 10 in most of the categories. They only take the three/four with the most innings.

Reactions: VolnJC
When trying to compare to MLB teams of the past....Earl Weaver's Baltimore Orioles come to mind. Good pitching. Station-to-stations.

With one important difference - Weaver's teams were historically elite defensively, with one of the best SS to ever play, Mark Belanger, one of the best defensive cfs of all time - Paul Blair, and the greatest 3d baseman of all time - B. Robinson.

Nothing extraordinary, HOWEVER, we won't beat ourselves BUT we will let the other team beat themselves.
OBP reflects BB and HBP

Pitching wise...the WHIP rocks!

I know teams in cold climes can often start slow offensively; but this team's stats have to be comparatively better than in pre-conference play.

Always good to hear about Earl Weaver, what a character he was!

If you had told me those stats pre-season, no way I'd guess we'd be a Top 5 team. Closer to Top 20 maybe. That's impressive. These are good stats though. It just hows how much more room for improvement there is under Vitello once we stock more talent on the roster.

VN Store

Back