‘23 CA QB Jaden Rashada

If this kid WAS serious about Arizona St, I’m guessing now would be a good time to make a move on him.
GBO!!
This was my first thought, too, but then again, what makes us more attractive? Seems like us and ASU are facing similar fates. The only difference being we are a little further ahead in the game.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
This was my first thought, too, but then again, what makes us more attractive? Seems like us and ASU are facing similar fates. The only difference being we are a little further ahead in the game.
The fact that we are Tennessee makes us more attractive. I get your point, and realize that most players today, especially West Coast dudes, have no idea that we have been relevant in the past. But Tennessee is still a way better program than Arizona State.

The fact that we are Tennessee makes us more attractive. I get your point, and realize that most players today, especially West Coast dudes, have no idea that we have been relevant in the past. But Tennessee is still a way better program than Arizona State.
I understand that we are a more historical program and we play on a bigger stage. And I don’t disagree with either claim. But, again, that wasn’t the premise of the discussion.

The OP insinuated that due to ASU’s investigation in recruiting violations, we should now make our move. Yet, in terms of NCAA issues, we are in no better shape in that regard. We were “a way better program” before that news broke, yesterday. We played on a much bigger stage before that news broke, yesterday. My comment was solely in reference to the idea that we would be any more attractive because of the potential violations at ASU.

Simply put, if he were willing to come cross-country to a program with unresolved NCAA issues, then this likely doesn’t knock ASU out of contention. I could be wrong though.

Reactions: drvenner
A quarterback Tennessee has started to recruit more heavily is Pittsburg, Ca. QB Jaden Rashada. That’s someone that has caught their eye after a strong junior season. He is from the same place as former Vol Albert Toeaina.
Safety Zahbari Sandy is someone that Tennessee is really jiving with of late.
-VQ

Kid has a nice feel for the pocket killer deep ball and nice touch.When u have wrs like that,they really make ur job easier.Some guys just have that "it"factor your looking for.Im not saying dude has it or not,but he could def be your guy.I think Nico has the biggest upside and star potential out the group,but this kid would be a nice consolation.

"It's been going well," Rashada said. "It's pretty busy. I don't have it narrowed down. Miami, Tennessee, Oregon, and Ole Miss would probably be the top four who talk to me the most. Ohio State and Georgia and some others are in touch too. "I'll probably end up visiting BYU, Stanford, Cal, and Tennessee and maybe Ohio State in the next month," he said. "I may be able to commit in May or June."
Tennessee- "I've seen what they did when they had a year where they had to recover a lot," said Rashada. "You see what they did, with what they did this year that wasn't their recruiting class. I love their coaching and how they make you feel like family up there."
Ohio State- "I never ran from competition my whole life," he said. "I love it. It's something that personally pushes me. I love what they do and I feel like it fits me pretty well. They throw the ball pretty efficiently. That's a great opportunity."
Miami- "They're just saying that it's only up for that program," Rashada said. "They need a trigger and they think that's what's going to lead them back to being Miami and national championships and stuff. I'll try and get up there sometime."
Ole Miss- "I've been up there plenty of times so I know what that part is like," he said. "We've been talking about how the coaching staff changes and what they plan on doing upcoming. It seems like they're going to be doing the same exact thing."
Rashada may not get some of the headlines the other California quarterbacks get but he is still an excellent prospect and he'll make one fanbase very excited when he commits. Tennessee, Ole Miss, and Ohio State appear to be in good position but there is still a lot to play out. With a commitment coming in just a few months, watching which schools Rashada ends up visiting should be a strong indicator of where he's leaning.
-Friedman

VN Store

Back