247Sports predicts final record for all 14 SEC teams in 2021

I would love it to be Florida.

Not this year. Florida’s defense will be vastly improved and Mullen will work magic with Emory Jones. I think Florida will win 9-10 regular season games and will compete with everyone they play, including Bama. Bama/Georgia/LSU are their possible losses. No issues with anyone else on the schedule.

Georgia and Kentucky are overrated in this prediction link. 9-3 for Kentucky. Why? And people keep writing Georgia in, why? Clemson and Florida can beat Georgia and of course Kirby will drop another one somewhere along the way.

I think 6-6 for UT would be a good year.

Not this year. Florida’s defense will be vastly improved and Mullen will work magic with Emory Jones. I think Florida will win 9-10 regular season games and will compete with everyone they play, including Bama. Bama/Georgia/LSU are their possible losses. No issues with anyone else on the schedule.

Georgia and Kentucky are overrated in this prediction link. 9-3 for Kentucky. Why? And people keep writing Georgia in, why? Clemson and Florida can beat Georgia and of course Kirby will drop another one somewhere along the way.

I think 6-6 for UT would be a good year.

UF loss everything that allowed them to compete with Bama last year.

Our resident Gators overstate how "competitive" Florida was with Bama last year anyway. They never led, were outgained by about 150 yards, and spent the majority of the game down double digits. Florida just got a window dressing touchdown at the end to make it a one score game.

That assumes Florida won’t reload on offense, which is a flawed assumption under Mullen. Florida lost a really good QB and a few really good pass catchers. Emory Jones won’t complete passes like Trask, but he’ll complete plenty of passes, plus he adds a running dimension that always causes issues for Bama. Regarding the WR/TE losses, it’s reload time. When UF lost Van Jefferson, Swain, Cleveland, Hammond, they replaced them with Toney, Pitts and Grimes. Now that those guys are gone, you’ll see others emerge; Copeland, Shorter, Henderson, Whittemore, etc.

I’m not concerned about offense under Mullen. He’s too good and has a proven track record.

Defense is where the major improvement will come from. UF returns a ton of experience on defense. Depth and talent at every position.

Florida will compete with and possibly beat Bama in the Swamp. Save this post.

That assumes Florida won’t reload on offense, which is a flawed assumption under Mullen. Florida lost a really good QB and a few really good pass catchers. Emory Jones won’t complete passes like Trask, but he’ll complete plenty of passes, plus he adds a running dimension that always causes issues for Bama. Regarding the WR/TE losses, it’s reload time. When UF lost Van Jefferson, Swain, Cleveland, Hammond, they replaced them with Toney, Pitts and Grimes. Now that those guys are gone, you’ll see others emerge; Copeland, Shorter, Henderson, Whittemore, etc.

I’m not concerned about offense under Mullen. He’s too good and has a proven track record.

Defense is where the major improvement will come from. UF returns a ton of experience on defense. Depth and talent at every position.

I will be rooting for the upset but wouldn’t put money on it. Not trying to be snarky, but did Mullen ever beat Saban while in the west?

Reactions: Jaws
Our resident Gators overstate how "competitive" Florida was with Bama last year anyway. They never led, were outgained by about 150 yards, and spent the majority of the game down double digits. Florida just got a window dressing touchdown at the end to make it a one score game.

🤣

Nobody tells more lies to themselves regarding Florida than you. Florida won the second half vs Bama by 12 points, 29-17. Bama was done at the end of that game, Florida was scoring at will, had the ball and was ready to drive for a game-winning TD as time expired. 1 more minute on the clock or one more timeout and you woulda been devastated. Poor first half defense cost Florida that game.

This was a 4-point game to start the 4th quarter, a 7-point game with 6:33 left in the 4th, and a 6-point game with 2:07 left in the 4th. Highly entertaining and competitive.

But go on…. 😂

Reactions: zooguy
Not trying to be snarky, but did Mullen ever beat Saban while in the west?

No, came close a few times but no. Then again, nobody else did either. Jimbo Fisher hasn’t beaten Saban, Kirby Smart hasn’t beaten Saban, in fact the only two I can think of are Gus Malzahn and Hugh Freeze. Ed O beat him in 2019 with a team for the ages which raised his record to 1-4 vs Saban). So that’s 3 coaches who have beaten Saban a few times in 14 years. The man has 23 total losses in 14 years. That’s like 1.6 losses per year, take out the 6-loss first season and he’s averaged 1-loss per season. (I know other coaches have beaten him, including Spurrier while at SC, and Urban Meyer while at UF, but aside from Malzahn and Freeze, I can’t recall any who have had any sort of sustained success against Saban).

So show me a coach who can take Mississippi State talent and beat the greatest coach of all time with the greatest dynasty of all time, but fair question.

🤣

Nobody tells more lies to themselves regarding Florida than you. Florida won the second half vs Bama by 12 points, 29-17. Bama was done at the end of that game, Florida was scoring at will, had the ball and was ready to drive for a game-winning TD as time expired. 1 more minute on the clock or one more timeout and you woulda been devastated. Poor first half defense cost Florida that game.

This was a 4-point game to start the 4th quarter, a 7-point game with 6:33 left in the 4th, and a 6-point game with 2:07 left in the 4th. Highly entertaining and competitive.

But go on…. 😂
You trailed 52-38 with 2:08 to play, 45-31 with 6:34 to play, 42-31 to play with 11:29 to play. You won the 3rd quarter 14-0 because Bama relaxed after cruising to a 35-17 halftime lead. However, they could turn it up at will and did turn it up on you, much like they did with your western counterpart Ole Miss on their way to outgaining you (the Ole Miss of the East) 605-462. 8-4, with all of that talent that is now gone. LOL.

No, came close a few times but no. Then again, nobody else did either. Jimbo Fisher hasn’t beaten Saban, Kirby Smart hasn’t beaten Saban, in fact the only two I can think of are Gus Malzahn and Hugh Freeze. Ed O beat him in 2019 with a team for the ages which raised his record to 1-4 vs Saban). So that’s 3 coaches who have beaten Saban a few times in 14 years. The man has 23 total losses in 14 years. That’s like 1.6 losses per year, take out the 6-loss first season and he’s averaged 1-loss per season. (I know other coaches have beaten him, including Spurrier while at SC, and Urban Meyer while at UF, but aside from Malzahn and Freeze, I can’t recall any who have had any sort of sustained success against Saban).

So show me a coach who can take Mississippi State talent and beat the greatest coach of all time with the greatest dynasty of all time, but fair question.
Don’t forget about Tommy Turberville (4-3).

Reactions: Jaws
You trailed 52-38 with 2:08 to play, 45-31 with 6:34 to play, 42-31 to play with 11:29 to play. You won the 3rd quarter 14-0 because Bama relaxed after cruising to a 35-17 halftime lead. However, they could turn it up at will and did turn it up on you, much like they did with your western counterpart Ole Miss on their way to outgaining you (the Ole Miss of the East) 605-462. 8-4, with all of that talent that is now gone. LOL.

🤣

11-point and 14-point leads are NOT huge leads, especially this day and age and especially with a Florida-type offense. You’re stuck in Tennessee offense, where 11 points is insurmountable.

One more minute on the clock and your mantra would be about how Bama “shoulda won that game” and “Bama was really a better team.”

1 more minute. I know it, you know it, Nick Saban knows it.

You hate Florida more than you love Tennessee. You need to come to grips with that and figure out how to bear that cross.

🤣

One more minute on the clock and your mantra would be about how Bama “shoulda won that game” and “Bama was really a better team.”

1 more minute. I know it, you know it, Nick Saban knows it.

You hate Florida more than you love Tennessee. You need to come to grips with that and figure out how to bear that cross.
Shoulda, coulda, woulda, you sound like a Georgia fan, Jaws.

Charlie Murphy.gif.

A 6-6 record against this schedule would prove very little in a positive way. The only good thing you could say about it is that it wouldn't be a losing record.

The "right" coach when UT finds him will get more out of a team than the sum of its roster talent. The last 3 have gotten LESS than the sum of their rosters' talent. That may or may not be Heupel. But a 6-6 season at best would be neutral.... incomplete. At worst... it will foreshadow another coaching change in 3-4 years.

If you guys reload and replicate what you did last year then Dan Mullen will be the next coach of the Cowboys or Steelers. Your QB put up generational stats and your Tight end is a freak player that was drafted higher than any Tight end in draft history. I don’t see any way that you don’t drop off some on O.

I’m not near as traumatized by UF’s loss to Bama as Georgia fans are by their loss to Florida. Not even close. That loss ruined Georgia lives, apparently. 🤣
Not really, most of them I know recognize they were missing about as many players for their game as you guys were in the Cotton Bowl, and they kept it a lot closer than you fellas did with Oklahoma.

Not really, most of them I know recognize they were missing about as many players for their game as you guys were in the Cotton Bowl, and they kept it a lot closer than you fellas did with Oklahoma.

Excuses excuses. That same Georgia fan base doesn’t recognize Florida missing both starting CBs, starting safety, poorly playing QB in 2018, or starting DE’s and Kadarius Toney in 2019…. Oh, but injuries matter in 2020 since it was UGA affected. And on what they also bill as the deepest team in America due to Kirby’s recruiting.

So either Kirby’s recruiting is overblown or he sucks at development.

Excuses excuses. That same Georgia fan base doesn’t recognize Florida missing both starting CBs, starting safety, poorly playing QB in 2018, or starting DE’s and Kadarius Toney in 2019…. Oh, but injuries matter in 2020 since it was UGA affected. And on what they also bill as the deepest team in America due to Kirby’s recruiting.

So either Kirby’s recruiting is overblown or he sucks at development.
That's all fine and dandy, but tell Mullen he needs to button it with the excuses for y'all getting nanced around by Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back