Prediction for 2025

In a better spot nationally. NIL will do nothing but help the vols. We are one of the biggest college football markets in the country.

In the 90s we dominated because we had more money than everyone else due to fan support. The TV deals leveled the playing field there, but NIL will once again put us in an advantageous position over 90% of the college football landscape.

In 2025 the new seat additions to Neyland will be completed, raising the seat count to 202,455 (gotta bring in more revenue to pay for the firings). The baseVols will be in Omaha for the 5th year in a row defending their 4 titles. Danny White will be athletic director at a South Dakota State. And Heupel will be coach of the South Central Louisiana State University Mud Dogs.

Or in an alternate universe in 2025 they will have finally renovate the bathrooms in Neyland, The baseVols will still be in Omaha defending their titles and the football team will be second in the SEC East behind Florida.

Fingers crossed, four (not five) years from now, in 2025, the Vols will be back among the top teams of the SEC. Vying with FL and GA for the East every year, whupping Bama as often as not. Competing for championships.

Four years is enough time to get back there. If Josh Heupel's the right guy.

Go Vols!

This question can only be answered with knowledge of whether there are going to be sanctions and if so, how severe.
It begins and ends with that, as I believe Heupel is a solid and capable coach.

Handwringing over fears that someone will steal Heupel..... or speculating on how the new coach will do and whether he's the "guy".

Reactions: LouderVol
I don't know. But if your school hires Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk as president or chancellor, or someone very much like them, your teams will perennial champions. Maybe even good enough to competitively challenge a low - mid-grade CFL team.

Let’s be real honest here…

1. If things don’t change the top 5 won’t change anytime soon.
2. Leave when you want is going to kill college football
3. Tennessee will have to hit their CTV to stop playing catch up in the division. Will CJH be the guy I’m honestly not sure but history/track records don’t lie.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
I don't know. But if your school hires Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk as president or chancellor, or someone very much like them, your teams will perennial champions. Maybe even good enough to competitively challenge a low - mid-grade CFL team.

Do you think either Bezos will leave Georgia or Musk leave Bama?

VN Store

Back