Travis Stephens or Tony Thompson

@Mose Phillip's Watch These keep getting better! Both had small statures. I remember fondly how Stephens tore Fla up in ‘01! But, Tony was the feature RB when I became fully engulfed with Tennessee football! That dive over the top for the Sugar Bowl win against Virginia and that picture of it is one of my all-time favorite! That little dude was three yards over the heads of everybody. Saying that, that juke move agains Miss State was the smoothest I had seen right up till Peerless juked that DB of Houston in ‘98.

Thompson was awesome, but if I remember correctly Stephens was an All-American. The only All-American out of a very crowded backfield with arguably better runningbacks in that particular tandem. That's impressive!

I gotta go with Stephens.

Thompson was great in 1990 but that OL he ran behind is the main reason for his success. He had an outstanding goal line leap!

Reactions: HalfullVol
Tony Thompson was, at that time, the only RB to receive a specific/certain accolade. I can’t remember if it was All-SEC RB or First Team RB or All-American. I do remember he was the first for us, however.

Tony Thompson came out of nowhere in 1990.
Explosive back.

Stephens had that AND power for his size.

1998- FSU vs UT
UT- Rushing yards
- Henry 28 yards (19 att)
- Martin 19 yards (10 att)
- Bryson 7 yards ( 3 att)
- Stephens- 60 yards - (13 att)

In 1998 they still were allowed to play defense in CFB. FSU had the best defense in college football by far that year!

Yes Peerless Price had the game of his life, but we don't beat FSU without Travis Stephens giving us a balanced attack and getting critical 1st downs. Watch the game again., and see how our team energy changes when Travis Stephens gets in the game. Henry and Bryson were both future NFL running backs and were absolutely shut down vs FSU.

We don't beat Florida in the Swamp in 2001 either.

Tony Thompson came out of nowhere in 1990.
Explosive back.

Stephens had that AND power for his size.

1998- FSU vs UT
UT- Rushing yards
- Henry 28 yards (19 att)
- Martin 19 yards (10 att)
- Bryson 7 yards ( 3 att)
- Stephens- 60 yards - (13 att)

In 1998 they still were allowed to play defense in CFB. FSU had the best defense in college football by far that year!

Yes Peerless Price had the game of his life, but we don't beat FSU without Travis Stephens giving us a balanced attack and getting critical 1st downs. Watch the game again., and see how our team energy changes when Travis Stephens gets in the game. Henry and Bryson were both future NFL running backs and were absolutely shut down vs FSU.

We don't beat Florida in the Swamp in 2001 either.

@Mose Phillip's Watch These keep getting better! Both had small statures. I remember fondly how Stephens tore Fla up in ‘01! But, Tony was the feature RB when I became fully engulfed with Tennessee football! That dive over the top for the Sugar Bowl win against Virginia and that picture of it is one of my all-time favorite! That little dude was three yards over the heads of everybody. Saying that, that juke move agains Miss State was the smoothest I had seen right up till Peerless juked that DB of Houston in ‘98.
I have the KNS news paper and picture.

Stephens I'd say. His SR campaign, he not only ran w abandon, speed, and shake & bake, but he was @ 190# and hit with power. Thompson was athletic a heck tho!

Reactions: LittleVol
Stephens for sure.
Thompson on the other hand was a guy who worked his butt off as a 3rd/4th team RB , who waited and when his opportunity arose he was ready.
If you stay you will play.

But Stephens had more skill and talent.

VN Store

Back