Where I believe this is all heading.

99gator

Congressman
I believe there will be 4, 16 school superconferences.

Those schools will break away from the NCAA. They will have new contracts for various things that include a negotiated cut for athletes.

Don't know how long it will take to reach this end game, but that's what I think is the kind of thing that ultimately happens.

That was always ideal from a mathematical/playoff view.

The issue is how absurdly imbalanced things are and heading towards even more. If CFB doesn't fix the issues of parity and conference balance, a ton of fans nationwide are going to lose interest year after year. Why should a Big 12 or Pac fan care when half of the top 25 are SEC teams? This whole conference system is fuzzed.

More likely to be 4x 20 team conferences. I think that there are 64 P-5 members plus Notre Dame and BYU for a total of 66. Which two get booted out? Adding 14 to the mix ruffles fewer feathers and cuts down on litigation. Could even have rotating provisional spots for some and include others.

Or just kick Vandy and another out of the mix.

That was always ideal from a mathematical/playoff view.

The issue is how absurdly imbalanced things are and heading towards even more. If CFB doesn't fix the issues of parity and conference balance, a ton of fans nationwide are going to lose interest year after year. Why should a Big 12 or Pac fan care when half of the top 25 are SEC teams? This whole conference system is fuzzed.

Recently it seems like the PAC-12 has gone out of their way to not care about being good in football.

Those schools will break away from the NCAA. They will have new contracts for various things that include a negotiated cut for athletes.

Don't know how long it will take to reach this end game, but that's what I think is the kind of thing that ultimately happens.

I agree. The PAC12, ACC, and Big 10 all have to see this is what is happening and grab the rest of the Big 12 schools, or else Greg "Jeff Bezos" Sankey is going to continue to expand until he dominates the football world. Who knows, he may be looking to scoop up the NFL AFC South next.

Okay so we agree there are gonna be 64-80 superconference teams...the other 50-60 gonna be SOL and end up canceling programs? Or how about this....farm systems for the big teams? Give some guys a chance to prove themselves on a lower level

Okay so we agree there are gonna be 64-80 superconference teams...the other 50-60 gonna be SOL and end up canceling programs? Or how about this....farm systems for the big teams? Give some guys a chance to prove themselves on a lower level

Intriguing.

There's just not enough money for most lower tier programs to survive for very long, IMO. Look at App State, which is not a bad program, but how is a small conference program supposed to generate NIL money, donations, and revenue?

Even if a kid tore it up at App State, he's going to transfer to a major for NIL compensation and career aspirations ASAP upon getting noticed. Some lower tier schools may embrace some form of the basketball "one and done" by recruiting problem kids and coaches [Hi Liberty!] to do rehab and release...... and that might be a working, if risky, business model.

The lower tier schools are going to have to find a business model that works..... by works, I mean generates money to pay coaches AND players. I don't see one but maybe someone else does.

Many of them will be SOL or have to drop down to FCS.

I don't care what they do as long as UT whips UFs a$$ 😁

More likely to be 4x 20 team conferences. I think that there are 64 P-5 members plus Notre Dame and BYU for a total of 66. Which two get booted out? Adding 14 to the mix ruffles fewer feathers and cuts down on litigation. Could even have rotating provisional spots for some and include others.

Or just kick Vandy and another out of the mix.
That would be great, except all minds that are important are going the opposite way. Greedy Sankey is clearly only looking at bigger programs...cutting out the fat. He's gonna single handedly wreck this train.

So you are believing what @LWSVOL said, when he said basically the exact same thing some time ago?

So you are believing what @LWSVOL said, some time ago?

Didn't see the post, but if that's what he's saying, I agree with him.

There were some predictions of this sort of thing when the 2012 expansions happened, but things cooled down to where they are now. I remember Kansas was scared to death about not having a home and their basketball program suffering as a result. If anyone remembers, A&M and Missouri left and the Pac 12 was trying get Texas to their league then and the rest of the Big 12 not named Oklahoma was scared stiff.

But, I think the NIL is a catalyst for this and I think people who think the NCAA was greedy and contemptible have no idea what's coming.

Because God knows, there are so many money making opportunities with regard to collegiate athletics hasn't really attempted to take advantage of. But, if the players are going to get paid and the lid is off this whole thing, it's going to be a whole new world.

I can't imagine what Florida could have made off of Tim Tebow or Tennessee made of Peyton Manning and vice versa in the new era we are entering.

It's not just players who haven't been making the money they could have, the universities could have been cashing in a lot more than they have as well.

JMO

Last edited:
LMAO I just saw a post where someone broke down the SEC into 4 geographical divisions, north, south, east and west.
The SEC east was Tennessee, South Carolina, Kentucky and vandy. I would REALLY like that to happen!😎
The SEC south was bama, Florida, Georgia and Auburn. The west was A&M, LSU, Texas and Oklahoma. Those 2 divisions would be brutal!
Fingers crossed that the powers that be like the geographical alignment idea.😁
GBO!!

LMAO I just saw a post where someone broke down the SEC into 4 geographical divisions, north, south, east and west.
The SEC east was Tennessee, South Carolina, Kentucky and vandy. I would REALLY like that to happen!😎
The SEC south was bama, Florida, Georgia and Auburn. The west was A&M, LSU, Texas and Oklahoma. Those 2 divisions would be brutal!
Fingers crossed that the powers that be like the geographical alignment idea.😁
GBO!!
You’re missing one😄

4 super conferences, big TV contract deals, which means everybody gets guaranteed survival money. Now it will come down to how bad do you want to win. Some will be fine with collecting checks, others will invest in coaching so they can compete and possibly win.

Where this is headed is an arms race to become the “triple a” of the nfl farm system. From a cost perspective there has to be a huge consolidation. All these programs can’t exist at the same level. Most likely just a small number of elite programs. The SEC is definitely the best place for that to happen

VN Store

Back