Harry Galbreath vs Doug Atkins

Mose Phillip's Watch

Fulmer said he was the greatest UT Olineman he saw or coached. Nobody could move him. Atkins was just a beast

Who you got ?

It's July...

Would you like to see another post from someone how bad we are going to be the next 5-10 years?
I appreciate these threads. If people don’t like them then don’t click on it and don’t comment. Dumbassery can be strong in here sometimes. Keep on keeping on bro.

Are these threads going to be a forever thing?

I, for one, find them to be a refreshing change of pace and welcome their continuance. (They're certainly better than the rampant and pathological rumination over why we should drop the Bama game, why we should join another conference, why we're doomed to perennial mediocrity, and the like.)

and if you pay attention you might learn a new word. Like "dumbassery"! Now that a good word to stow away!

I just accepted this word in my Outlook system so it doesn't autocorrect or red-underline it going forward. I people have majored in this in college.

Galbreath was a great SEC OL good pro but Atkins was one of the greatest all-time NFL players. Atkins would be dominant today.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Harry was from my hometown, a great player that got the most out of his ability. I can tell you a few stories from friends of mine that went to school with him. I graduated from rival school. But to compare him against Atkins is unfair to Harry. Harry would have gave it his all though that I have no doubt. GBO!!!!!!

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Harry was from my hometown, a great player that got the most out of his ability. I can tell you a few stories from friends of mine that went to school with him. I graduated from rival school. But to compare him against Atkins is unfair to Harry. Harry would have gave it his all though that I have no doubt. GBO!!!!!!

Not sure how it's unfair to compare possibly the greatest Olineman in school history ( Fulmer would know best ) against Atkins

Harry got the most out of what he had. He was super strong but not the biggest. Atkins was the most feared man in the NFL and could have played in any era. I loved Harry's play and he has a great story, maybe unfair wasn't the best word. I feel like Harry would make a good account for himself, we have had higher drafted and bigger lineman that might have stacked up against Atkins better. Galbreath had great technique and was a wrestler which helped him with leverage. He might have weighed 280 and he might have been 6'1''. GBO!!!!

I knew Harry. As good as he was on the field, he was an even better human being.

Gone to soon. The world was a better place with Harry in it.

RIP Harry.

VN Store

Back