Its soooooo Tennessee!

northknoxvol

Senior Member (BFL)
Its soooooo Tennessee to get caught allowing money to be transferred to players the year before it is legal to funnel money to players! What is the NCAA going to do to us? Who knows but usually in the past they would try to make an example of someone to prevent other schools from getting money to players. Now it is legal for players to accept money. It is like getting busted for weed in Colorodo the week before it was legalized. I dont think we should self impose anything!

Its soooooo Tennessee to get caught allowing money to be transferred to players the year before it is legal to funnel money to players! What is the NCAA going to do to us? Who knows but usually in the past they would try to make an example of someone to prevent other schools from getting money to players. Now it is legal for players to accept money. It is like getting busted for weed in Colorodo the week before it was legalized. I dont think we should self impose anything!

It's still going to be against the rules for coaches to pay kids bags of McDonalds cash. Just sayin. NIL doesn't change what we did because every university will benefit from it and it wont be like cheating.

Programs that funnel money to kids above and beyond what they get in endorsements will still be wrong and against the rules.

What our coaches did is against the rules in every sports league. Coaches cannot pay players, not even in the pros. They have opened Pandora’s Box, but at least we shouldn’t have to worry about coaches paying players anymore. At least one would think they wouldn’t, since players can make whatever they want now.

Reactions: Devo182

I once got a ticket for going 45 in a 35. The road was obviously undermarked. A couple of months later the limit was increased to 45.

We Are Tennessee.

It's still going to be against the rules for coaches to pay kids bags of McDonalds cash. Just sayin. NIL doesn't change what we did because every university will benefit from it and it wont be like cheating.

Programs that funnel money to kids above and beyond what they get in endorsements will still be wrong and against the rules.
It does if McDonald’s was the “sponsor”.

We didn't get caught we told on ourselves

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Tennessee was never going to offer a bowl ban. Bozoilio has started a petition to stop it but it was NEVER going to be on the table.

Tennessee would have forfeited millions in SEC bowl money if they offered it. It today’s time, that wasn’t going to happen and most likely not what the NCAA would have imposed. They’d put more recruiting restrictions on Tennessee but they don’t want to hurt any school financially during this pandemic.

The NCAA doesn’t t want this fight right now and would prefer to retain the appearance of being in charge. Whatever we say, they’ll swallow unless it’s the middle finger.

Reactions: wmcovol and Alto1

Against the rules, sure. But how in the hell is it morally wrong?

Tennessee was never going to offer a bowl ban. Bozoilio has started a petition to stop it but it was NEVER going to be on the table.

Tennessee would have forfeited millions in SEC bowl money if they offered it. It today’s time, that wasn’t going to happen and most likely not what the NCAA would have imposed. They’d put more recruiting restrictions on Tennessee but they don’t want to hurt any school financially during this pandemic.
We already self-imposed a bowl ban last season. Despite our record, we were offered a bowl and we declined it. That may be taken into consideration.

True but wasn't that before all this with Pruitt came to light? We couldn't very well publicly self-impose a bowl ban for reasons that hadn't been made public yet.

The violation crap came out before the a&m game. I dont know when Tennessee declared the program was unable to field a team for a bowl but I suspect it was after that game.

I'm thinking 3 years from now the University gets a two scholarship reduction, if the NCAA is even still around.

VN Store

Back