Talk smoothing genius coach H

Orange defense

Blood runneth orange in my veins
“I KIND OF FEEL LIKE THIS IS YEAR ONE AND LAST YEAR WAS YEAR ZERO,” DOOLEY SAID AT A NEWS CONFERENCE MONDAY. “IT WAS SUCH A UNIQUE SITUATION THAT WE WALKED INTO LAST SEASON, IT DIDN’T FEEL LIKE YOUR FIRST YEAR. I FEEL LIKE RIGHT NOW, THIS IS YEAR ONE.”​
That didn’t go over all that well with fans.
But I think Dooley was on to something. When a coach takes over a struggling program, the first year is essentially teaching players how to do things the right way. The focus isn’t so much on winning as it is on instilling a new culture.
Year two is when a coach can really start building a team’s identity (especially a first year head coach).
Year three is the first year that any reasonable expectations should be placed on a coach that took over at a program that needed to be completely rebuilt.
I’d even suggest that the third year for a coach in this situation is really “year one”.
The third year is the first year that a coach is settled in, a culture is in place and the roster is built of at least (in most cases) 50 percent players that the coach signed.
And that’s why I think we’re seeing a much more comfortable and pleased Jeremy Pruitt as he starts his third spring with the Vols.
On Tuesday, after UT’s first spring practice, Pruitt didn’t sound like a coach taking over a fledgling program. He sounded like a coach that knows what to expect from his team.
PRUITT: “YOU CAN TELL THAT IT’S THE THIRD YEAR IN THE SYSTEM. YOU CAN TELL THAT WE’VE GOT A LOT OF GUYS RETURNING. THERE WEREN’T A WHOLE LOT OF MISTAKES, SO THAT’S GOOD TO SEE AND WE CAN REALLY COACH FUNDAMENTALS.”​
No more Dooleyisms, no more cornbread, no more energizer martians or whatever. No more brick by bricks anymore. We have a pure speaking English coach, someone that we can understand.

“I KIND OF FEEL LIKE THIS IS YEAR ONE AND LAST YEAR WAS YEAR ZERO,” DOOLEY SAID AT A NEWS CONFERENCE MONDAY. “IT WAS SUCH A UNIQUE SITUATION THAT WE WALKED INTO LAST SEASON, IT DIDN’T FEEL LIKE YOUR FIRST YEAR. I FEEL LIKE RIGHT NOW, THIS IS YEAR ONE.”​
But I think Dooley was on to something. When a coach takes over a struggling program, the first year is essentially teaching players how to do things the right way. The focus isn’t so much on winning as it is on instilling a new culture.
Year two is when a coach can really start building a team’s identity (especially a first year head coach).
Year three is the first year that any reasonable expectations should be placed on a coach that took over at a program that needed to be completely rebuilt.
I’d even suggest that the third year for a coach in this situation is really “year one”.
The third year is the first year that a coach is settled in, a culture is in place and the roster is built of at least (in most cases) 50 percent players that the coach signed.
And that’s why I think we’re seeing a much more comfortable and pleased Jeremy Pruitt as he starts his third spring with the Vols.
On Tuesday, after UT’s first spring practice, Pruitt didn’t sound like a coach taking over a fledgling program. He sounded like a coach that knows what to expect from his team.
PRUITT: “YOU CAN TELL THAT IT’S THE THIRD YEAR IN THE SYSTEM. YOU CAN TELL THAT WE’VE GOT A LOT OF GUYS RETURNING. THERE WEREN’T A WHOLE LOT OF MISTAKES, SO THAT’S GOOD TO SEE AND WE CAN REALLY COACH FUNDAMENTALS.”​
No more Dooleyisms, no more cornbread, no more energizer martians or whatever. No more brick by bricks anymore. We have a pure speaking English coach, someone that we can understand.
Are you quoting someone? Blue font? Give us a hint.

Old Derek Dooley quote is relevant for Tennessee Vols in 2020
I didn’t copy all of it.

Reactions: feathersax
Thanks. That really clears things up.
Youre welcome. You know, looking over the last three coaxes, just look what we had to put up with. I had faith in Pruitt, but I just couldn’t take it anymore.

Perhaps you could improve the agreement between your post and your title by.....I don't know......maybe..... including some example of the so-called smooth talking genius coach's smooth talking genius.

iu

Im not weird, trust me. Once again, it is the faith in Pruitt and this staff to get it done from day one. If you really want to know why Im so confident on Pruitt, then here it is. I think Pruitt is a lot tougher than Smart and the rest of the SEC coaches, except Saban right now. I believe he will be the 1st assistant to beat Saban, if he is still around later? I also believe Dabo cant beat him either. I think Pruitt will be able to beat every coach in America, and have the success that Saban has. That is not being weird, this is the faith that I have in Pruitt.:good!:

tenor.gif

New coach...same nonsense.

Perhaps you could improve the agreement between your post and your title by.....I don't know......maybe..... including some example of the so-called smooth talking genius coach's smooth talking genius.
Come on! Now you’ve heard Heupel speak compared to the others. You know he is a straight talker. Just go back and listen to the others compared to his coach speak.

Reactions: feathersax
tenor.gif

New coach...same nonsense.
Now I wouldn’t.call it the same nonsense, and you know that I had faith in Pruitt from day one until last year. We won 8 games in a row, and that really put us on alert that we were really turning things around, but umm you know what happened.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
Now I wouldn’t.call it the same nonsense, and you know that I had faith in Pruitt from day one until last year. We won 8 games in a row, and that really put us on alert that we were really turning things around, but umm you know what happened.

You are the poster child for "coach worship"; just can't help yourself.

When you have to defend yourself against every comment made then you're either thin skinned or posting a bunch of nonsense and doubling down. In this case both.

Reactions: VolsSince78

VN Store

Back