Kept 258
NFL 50

Now when you look at the avg. by season it looks like this
Divide by 19 season
Signed 26.2
Lost 12.6
Kept 13.5
NFL 2.6

Now I am sure that some of you math folks can explain these numbers more in depth. This is just somewhat of a comparison between us and Bama.

Ok break these numbers down.

Alabama - Signed 509
Lost 190
Kept 319
NFL 114

Divide by 19 season
Signed 26.7
Lost 10
Kept 16.7
NFL 6

Tennessee - Signed 498
Lost 240
Kept 258
NFL 50

Divide by 19 season
Signed 26.2
Lost 12.6
Kept 13.5
NFL 2.6

Now I am sure that some of you math folks can explain these numbers more in depth. This is just somewhat of a comparison between us and Bama.

if you did same with the the years 2013-2020, you might see one reason Tennessee as far behind Bama as they are..

Worst attrition rate in the league.
True but, no other SEC school has experienced the internal turn over from the President on down to the coaching staff. Actually, when you look at those figures you realize those who have maintained their ADs, and Coaching staff are the on who have had the best teams, best Coaching staff and have been able to recruit the best players. I am a bit surprised that we have not lost more players than we have. In fact, I think the losses we have suffered this last year indicated that a the teams has simply eliminated a number of players who need to find another place to complete their playing days. I think we will be entering a period where a high number of new recruits will likely be staying with our team unless they have been recruited over during the next 2-4 years.

9 out of the last 14 years.

Nine.

Bama has recruited the number 1 class in all of NCAA football.

Nine.

We’ve had the highest coaching turnover which greatly impacts those numbers. It shouldn’t be a surprise

Now with the transfer rule, who knows what that will look like?

I think that the coaches who are going to win in this era of football are going to be the genuine coaches who kids trust and respect and believe truly care about them. I think a kid can smell a fake from a mile away. I think Heupel will have fewer transfers just because he is a likeable guy, and will be straight up about things. And I think that Tennessee will do a fantastic job dealing with the NIL opportunities for student athletes. I think that Danny White and Josh Heupel got here right in time.

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back