Erik Ainge

I don’t understand the Ainge hate. I think he does a really good job. He’s got a real gift for explaining plays and breaking them down.

Last edited:
All power to him. I don’t listen to his show but man he helped keep us floating for a while. Heck of a deep ball.

This is what I call the Howard Stern style of questioning. Stern loves to ask someone a question and interrupting them in the middle of their answer. Stern gets a lot of praise for being a great interviewer (to be honest some of the best interviews I have ever heard have been on his show), but it is mainly because his staff researches the hell out of the person and Stern isn't afraid to ask anything (well he use to be, but times have changed). Besides that he is not got a great interviewer due to his interrupting and it seems many other radio host have subconsciously have taken on that trait.

I give him a pass a lot of the time due to him being the last Tennessee QB to beat Alabama. I don’t mind that he’s a homer either- how could he not be?! Beyond all the bs… I’ll take the optimist over the pessimist any day.

Reactions: ACvol3
Being a douche bag makes me feel better when I'm having a bad day too. Keep your head up pal. If the breaks don't go your way, put on more steam.

Right? Because nothing says "it's football time in Tennessee" like starting a thread on Volnation to voice one's complaints about Eric Ainge's radio show.

Reactions: The Original Fade
I listen to him and @briancrice every day, he didn't sugar coat his opinions on JG, but he didn't trash him either.. Or any other player on the team that I recall... Now he may have had an opinion on a certain LB that transferred to Bama..
He said that JG was the best in practice by far. And as the season went on, Ainge carefully chose his words but essentially said JG’s problems were mental and that something was wrong. He gave honest assessments and did his best to not throw JG under the bus. I also think Brian Rice does a fantastic job. They work very well together.

VN Store

Back