Running Quarterback in ISO Spread.....hmm Milton Hooker Mauer?

It might be just chatter but everything I have read lately has said Milton will likely be the guy. I struggle with that since he really hasn't done anything other than air drills at this point.
I know that a running QB is nice, but everything I have heard and read indicates the QB battle will be won with the deep ball.

Are they going to design an offense based on the personnel or are they going to install an offense and determine who is the best to run it?

If I had to bet right now, I'd take Hooker.

They all have something to offer though. Don't write Bailey off just because he isn't a runner... People seem to be forgetting that Heupel's latest QB at UCF was not a runner. Gabriel only ran for 169 yards in 2020.

Watching the videos of the Heup-Hop offense, what struck me was the OL. LSU tends to sport a furious defense up front. I saw the OL blocking fairly well, but when a defender shed a blocked he was attacked by two, sometimes three guys who turned around and throttle the threat. I like the "hit somebody" way the OL plays. Hope ours does the same.

Reactions: FïreBall
Was the offense exciting or was Dobbs exciting?

Dobbs, Hurd, Kamara, Malone, Jennings, Pearson, North, Pig Howard, etc. Lots of playmakers. How Butch couldn't get more than 8 regular season wins with that talent is testament to how bad of an overall coach he was.

Like or despise the guy, just imagine what Urban Meyer could have done with that group.

Reactions: Carp
If I had to bet right now, I'd take Hooker.

They all have something to offer though. Don't write Bailey off just because he isn't a runner... People seem to be forgetting that Heupel's latest QB at UCF was not a runner. Gabriel only ran for 169 yards in 2020.
He had a 132 sack yards which count against rushing stats..he really rushed for 301 yards in 2020

And 201 in 2019

Was the offense exciting or was Dobbs exciting?

May be blasphemy, but Dobbs was exciting as long as he did not have to throw the ball more than 15 yards.

When the game situation dictated that we aired it out, I always got a bit worried.

VN Store

Back