Someone is apparently impressed by Milton's arm

JG threw bullets too. No touch. Strong arm is great but most of the time you need touch on the ball. Oh and you have to run an offense and make quick, accurate decisions. This is a dumb article. I feel dumb for reading it. And now I feel dumb for posting about it.

I truly hope this is the case as we heard this regarding JG and others.
View attachment 385003
I mean it's definitely the case. You can watch 20 seconds of his Michigan film and see he throws an absolute laser beam. Maybe the strongest arm in CFB and that isn't an exaggeration. There is a play against MSU where he rolled left and side armed the ball 40 yards effortlessly.

That said, arm strength is just a small piece of the puzzle. Like you said, JG has tons of arm talent with zero timing or touch.

Reactions: murfvol1
Throwing hard is one thing throwing hard and accurate is another. And throwing with touch also. You don't need to throw a 98 mph fastball on a 5 yard pass.
All true. But that 98 mph fastball comes in handy when you need it. I’m not sure why so many are trying to dismiss the advantages of a strong arm. Well. I guess I have a suspicion.

All true. But that 98 mph fastball comes in handy when you need it. I’m not sure why so many are trying to dismiss the advantages of a strong arm. Well. I guess I have a suspicion.

I'm glad he has a laser cannon of an arm. It's a great tool in the arsenal provided he knows when to tone it down.

Prolly boredom with another (oft repeated ad nauseum) narrative. 😴

So you have the same suspicion?
Why don’t both of you write a lengthy multi-quoted dissertation and compare notes. Don’t leave out Maurer’s physical gifts and how every pass Bailey completed in the O&W game was to and against a walk-on. If you don’t, it’ll be marked against you.

VN Store

Back