Peyton is just plain funny...

That's AWESOME stuff !!!
Anyone else but into the argument of Peyton going in as a Bronco versus a Colt...or is it just the natives here in Indiana feeling slighted?
I thought you went in as the team you retired from? That is why you will see the 1 day contracts from guys so they can retire from the team they spent the most time at instead of the last team they played for.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
I thought you went in as the team you retired from? That is why you will see the 1 day contracts from guys so they can retire from the team they spent the most time at instead of the last team they played for.
Should do it like baseball. That was in reaction to players like Wade Boggs selling to the highest bidder and going in as a Devil Ray. 😒

You don't go in "with a team" like baseball. They don't have ball caps with a logo on the front.

You don't go in "with a team" like baseball. They don't have ball caps with a logo on the front.
Really?
In 2001, the Hall of Fame decided to change the policy on cap logo selection, as a result of rumors that some teams were offering compensation, such as number retirement, money, or organizational jobs, in exchange for the cap designation. (For example, though Wade Boggs denied the claims, some media reports had said that his contract with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays required him to request depiction in the Hall of Fame as a Devil Ray.)[30] The Hall decided that it would no longer defer to the inductee, though the player's wishes would be considered, when deciding on the logo to appear on the plaque.

That's AWESOME stuff !!!
Anyone else but into the argument of Peyton going in as a Bronco versus a Colt...or is it just the natives here in Indiana feeling slighted?
After the way that Irsay treated Peyton at the end of his career, I'd say that going in as a Bronco was justifiable. Never cared much for that sleezeball.

After the way that Irsay treated Peyton at the end of his career, I'd say that going in as a Bronco was justifiable. Never cared much for that sleezeball.
If Peyton had played for an organization like the Broncos his entire career then he would have had at least 4 or 5 championships. He had just as much or more postseason success in 4 years in Denver than he did in 13 years in Indianapolis. Definitely the superior franchise.

Just to be fair, Irsay paid him sever and I mean several millions of dollars his last year just to stand on the sidelines (some of the time) his last season under contract with them. The thing is, because of how Peyton’s contract was worded, he didn’t have to.

Just to be fair, Irsay paid him sever and I mean several millions of dollars his last year just to stand on the sidelines (some of the time) his last season under contract with them. The thing is, because of how Peyton’s contract was worded, he didn’t have to.
Well in my book that just makes him just a little less sleezey.

Problem is this tidbit about Irsay isn't telling the whole story. The Colts placed the franchise tag on Manning for 2011, which he could have signed (and this, in hindsight, would have given PM the most $$$). Instead of that, the Colts and PM negotiated a contract that lowered the 2011 salary cap impact and pushed a $28M roster bonus until 2012 due to neck issues. The Colts tanked and had to choose between Luck and Peyton.

The “ring” comment? Pure douchery! Never faulted the Colts for the move. Rarely do you get the chance to switch out franchise QBs and there was considerable concern that Peyton may never play again. But there’s a classy route that Irsay didn’t choose.

VN Store

Back