Florida's Secondary

VolunteerNut

UF is notorious for PI's and very few are called. This will be a gig issue in this game this weekend. UF seems to always gets the benefit of the doubt and you have a no call. This seems to have started with Spurrier's tenor. The ref's seem to be blind in calling them for it. Anyone else notice it?

Thoughts?

UF is notorious for PI's and very few are called. This will be a gig issue in this game this weekend. UF seems to always gets the benefit of the doubt and you have a no call. This seems to have started with Spurrier's tenor. The ref's seem to be blind in calling them for it. Anyone else notice it?

Thoughts?
It won't really matter. Milton's passes will be uncatchable anyway.:p

Thoughts?

Are you really trying to preemptively 'blame the refs'?

Not set in stone Milton will start. We are in a quandary as to who you should actually start. I'm leaning toward Hooker and I thought I would never say that. Who knows maybe the flip for MIlton is switched and if so I hope it pays off but as I have done this from the past few years regarding the program so I'm holding my breath.

Thoughts?
Because the refs know - it's DBU

I guess the refs were trying to help Alabama on Saturday, which countermanded their long-standing order to not call PI on Florida's secondary:

The Gators can dive into their four defensive pass interference calls, too. Three of them came on third and long, including one by likely first-round pick Kaiir Elam and another where NFL prospect Brenton Cox pushed a receiver on third and 12.
All the little things that doomed Florida Gators in a loss to Alabama

There is this aura about Florida that unlike all the other games Tennessee loses, the losses to Florida occur due to weird and abnormal circumstances
Thank you! Finally someone gets it! It hasn't been our coaches nor our players faults in any of these losses. It's just weird and abnormal circumstances. 15 years of them...

I thought Uf's secondary played very well after they settled down vs Bama. The bama WRs werent near as open as last year vs Uf. #1 for bama looks like a future stud thou.

They are very physical and SEC lets DBs of certain schools (ala, Ga, Fla) play that way. The rest of us better "keep your hand to yourself".

Thoughts?
Yes - it is now pretty much being taught as basic pass defense by Florida, Georgia, Alabama and a few other top tier teams. Florida was probably the first and the worse offender. They pretty much grab and tangle up with the receiver and just figure that the refs won't call more than 2 or 3 a game if that many. It's a little bit of an art form - but you can bet our wr's will be roughed up this weekend.

Can't worry about the refs, gators do get away with alot if PI over the years but we got to keep throwing. Their secondary is one of their weaker areas. Not great disipline in floridas secondary, you have to test it! GBO!

Reactions: MaTaLa
Because the refs know - it's DBU

DBU? Seriously I can only think of 8

1. Janoris Jenkins, CB, Giants. ...
  2. Reggie Nelson, FS, Raiders. ...
  3. Carlos Dunlap, DE, Bengals. ...
  4. Maurkice Pouncey, C, Steelers. ...
  5. Jordan Reed, TE, Redskins. ...
  6. Mike Gillislee, RB, Patriots. ...
  7. Mike Pouncey, C, Dolphins. ...
  8. Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Buccaneers.
The best out of the lot is Hargreaves but I don't know if I call them DBU. But I do know they diffently know how to hold, grab jerseys. and not let a receiver get by them.

Thoughts?

I agree. They come out doing it and the refs become accustomed to it and won't call. Not using this as an excuse but just stating facts.

alabama, florida, and georgia have outside contracts with Disney and vegas that pay for their programs. I don't blame them for being more criminal then the rest of us, we should have been smart enough to do the same, maybe we wouldn't be in this predicament if we had. it's just something we have to overcome at this point.

Kicking God knows how many field goals and allowing Florida to drive 80+ yards downfield on the final drive was the issue
I'd say a phatom catch in the endzone with 0 time left had something to do with. As I said before, Tennessee has been it's own worst enemy in a lot of these games. But I do acknowledge there have been a few not so clear judgements that have altered the outcome of the game. That being the most obvious

VN Store

Back