Why are you reading this thread?

southpaw75

I love VN but honestly I probably spend too much time reading about TN football. Why? Not quite sure. Probably some escapism as a busy family man working long hours at a stressful job. I have friends who don’t follow sports at all, and they find life fulfilling without worrying about 19 year olds playing sports.
Being a UT fan is an autosomal dominant disorder in my family, so it’s not really my fault! Lol
If you’re still reading, you’re probably equally obsessed. Why?

I
I love VN but honestly I probably spend too much time reading about TN football. Why? Not quite sure. Probably some escapism as a busy family man working long hours at a stressful job. I have friends who don’t follow sports at all, and they find life fulfilling without worrying about 19 year olds playing sports.
Being a UT fan is an autosomal dominant disorder in my family, so it’s not really my fault! Lol
I have been a fan of UT athletics ever since ive been alive my uncle takes me to games so me and him have a really close bond over it!The reason I read these are because im obsessed with UT sports lol

Karl Marx argued we become sports fanatics to deal with our discontent for society. I'm gonna go with that...

I can only mow the yard and play in the garden for about an hour or two tops. After that I need some Football.

I have hope that one day soon, there will be a reason to celebrate successful seasons.
College Football is the only sport I rabidly follow.

Also, I enjoy most of the posts.

KWwh.gif

Because despite not being raised in the state, I was born into a UT fanatic family. Also, I saw some decent UT teams before the complete absolute embarrassment of the last decade. So, somewhere deep down I have a glimmer of hope we can be good again, but usually it gets crushed every Saturday.

Reactions: 67Vol
I truly enjoy the sunshine pumper posts, those calling themselves the only true fans because they show up for every game, and of coarse the lunacy of a Vol coaching search. VN is much more entertaining than watching the actual games.

Reactions: southpaw75
Because it's the best fan base of the best school in the nation.

Hell, even Florida fans love to hang with us.

Last edited:
I'm getting old lol. It can't last forever. One day I'm going to look up in the sky and see an orange mushroom cloud all the way up here in ohio, and I'll know. It wasn't the russians. UT finally had enough.

Honestly OP, because we have sucked so bad for so long, I enjoy the sarcasm of my fellow Vol fans!
I am amazed that some posters actually believe some of the stuff they post. It is sometimes difficult to spot sarcasm.

VN Store

Back