Mike DeBord - Hospitalized

Heard this morning on the local radio because of his time here at IU.
Prayers for him, a speedy and full recovery as well as his family and support system.

I think overall he was a very good OC and was a huge part of Butch's success in 2015 and 2016.

Heard this morning on the local radio because of his time here at IU.
Prayers for him, a speedy and full recovery as well as his family and support system.

I think overall he was a very good OC and was a huge part of Butch's success in 2015 and 2016.

He was a great OC. I remember one of my biggest gripes about him was how rarely he would use a play that seemed unstoppable, like slipping the tight end out over the middle and hitting him on a short route. We would do it a couple of times for a nice gain, then never again.

The year after he left, he went to Indiana and they kicked off the season with Ohio State. He ran an out route on them that they had no answer for, then he ran the same play several times in a row, all the way to the end zone.

Pretty telling sign that Debord wasn’t the problem.

Last edited:
He did a better job than many fans & media gave him credit for. I recall the $hit storm when Jones hired him but rarely was offense the problem during his years here. If it was it was due to stupid HC decisions.

I didn't want to create a thread for this or hijack it, but it seemed like as good a place as any to ask.

I don't know how many of you are familiar with BigVolDaddy (who's videos I enjoy at this time of year for obvious reasons), but he looks in really bad shape.

I didn't want to create a thread for this or hijack it, but it seemed like as good a place as any to ask.

I don't know how many of you are familiar with BigVolDaddy (who's videos I enjoy at this time of year for obvious reasons), but he looks in really bad shape.

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for the update.

Reactions: BigDave
Former Michigan, Tennessee, Indiana OC Mike DeBord hospitalized after 'massive stroke' Doesn't look good. Probably caused by a blood clot, Most Docs recommend a "Baby Aspirin" every day.

oh no i hate to hear that. his youtube videos are great. prayers for bvd

Reactions: BigDave

VN Store

Back