What Other Message Boards are Saying- Ole Miss

volsrock09

Sorry for being late this week. My coworker went on vacation so I'm doing the job of 2 while he's out haha.

First thing I seen when opening the message boards and BAM--Tennessee Football. Gotta love it.
I haven’t seen but 1 game of theirs this season and it was Florida. They looked terrible against Florida on both sides of the ball. SC and Missouri are really bad teams, but TN steamrolled them based on scores.
For those that watched several games, are they getting that much better or just playing very bad teams?
Now this one made me laugh in response to the question above
Kiffin Coaches meeting:
unicorn-snow.gif
There is some concern among Ole Miss fans. Thats awesome to see since it has been a while since anyone has taken us seriously
They are better, but, yes they played very bad teams. We will have to play very well to beat them, especially on the road. I would feel better about it if we were playing better on defense, but because we are struggling, it is any ones game.
UT can run or throw against you, they like to create mismatches with the fast tempo they play.
Now lets hope they don't get in the end zone until the games out of reach.
Hopefully we score a td first. It seems to give us confidence (besides a lead) and some momentum. Coming up empty at Bama on the 1st drive seemed deflating. We need all running backs at full speed to slow the game and beat on them. Should be a close one. PS I now see Ealy not available. There must be more to the concussion protocol.
I feel like the Tennessee game will be like a repeat of yesterday's game
Has Henry Jones Jr seen LSU play?
Im honestly not too worried about it. We have issues with physical teams like Arky and Bama. Tennessee isn’t like that. I’m more worried about LSU honestly
Someone should tell him that so far, the only thing that's beaten UT are themselves for the most part by overthrowing wide open receiver's for TDs(mostly Milton). Hopefully Hooker continues to connect on deep balls.
LSU can’t stop the run and can’t run the ball at all. That team might not even show up for that game at this point a lot like Ole Miss was in 2011. Tennessee is a worse version of Arkansas but it’s a night game that Tennessee is gonna be amped for. If Tennessee lights this defense up we aren’t winning more than 8 games.
Pretty well thought out analysis of what he thinks of the game
I think the Rebs/Vols game is going to be a high scoring shootout. Their QB, Hendon Hooker, is awesome. He has torched two bad defenses in a row and played relatively well against Florida in a loss. He can extend plays and make you pay with his feet. He is average 16 carries/game in his past three games (all SEC contests), so I expect a spy on him.

Both teams run the ball well. We have a better passing game. Their defense is stouter against the run (which is not saying much). however, both passing defenses are poor. I would note they have allowed 20 sacks in 6 games. Some of that is due to Hooker's scrambling; however, their offensive line is not that great.
Size and strength are apparently where they struggle against the run
quote:
any team with a 210+ running back will be an issue.​
Tennessee has some big dudes who run the ball.

Tiyon Evans - 5'11", 220 lbs
Hendon Hooker - 6'4", 218 lbs
Jabari Small - 5'11", 206 lbs
Len'Neth Whitehead - 6'2", 220 lbs
Overconfidence, I like it
I’m more confident in us beating Tennessee than I was last week against Arkansas. I think Tennessee is a worse version of Arkansas and is closer to Louisville talent wise. My biggest fear is this is their Super Bowl with Georgia and Bama coming up. The defense simply can’t play at the level it did last week or we will lose.
Lets hope the crowd brings it and Corral struggles all game long, but not enough to bring in the backup because you know how that works out for UT lmao
We are also playing at Neyland Stadium that has actually sold out for the first time in 4 years. Where We played Arky at home.

Ive been to Neyland for a UF/Ten game. it was the loudest stadium ive ever been in. This crowd is DYING to be relevant again and beat Kiffin.

Add in that Corrals two worst games last year (Arky and LSU) were both on the road....Makes me a little nervous.

I think its going to be a stupid high scoring game and being up 10-14 in the first half means nothing.
I think Tennessee's offense is better than Arkansas. Arky's offense isn't anything special but they demolished us.
Yes but we match up much better with that style of offense. The 3-2-6 was created to stop an offense exactly like UT's, and our D gets to practice against a UT type offense every day in practice. If they have any pride, they will come out motivated.
Ummm what???
Tennessee athletically is lower than Ole Miss was during the probation time. They lost so many guys to transfers it is crazy. At one point their Long-Snapper was their starting MLBer.

My dad and I are going to the game and hope it'll be the loudest I have ever heard it all game long (never had a chance to go during UTs good years).

There were plenty of people looking for tickets to the game.....Good thing itll be hard on them this week.

Thanks for the post OP. I feel like this will be a close hard fought offensive game. The team with the ball last may very well win this game.

I spoke to a really good friend yesterday, he played DL for Ole Miss, and his take was that our big RBs will be hard for the Rebels to handle and could very well be the difference in the game. We both agreed that both QBs are very very talented, both throwing and running the ball, and that this would be a high scoring game. We also agreed that turnovers could determine who wins the game. We discussed defenses, he thinks that the VOLS have a better defense, he mentioned that Arky's offense isn't that good but they lit up Ole Miss D.

Lastly, he said playing in Neyland at night would have an impact on Ole Miss . . . he played and has attended games at Neyland, he said his ears hurt at times . . .

We will talk again Sunday, hopefully I am rubbing in a big VOLS win!!

GBO

I think they are underestimating out defense and most of their fans know nothing about us and are just going off of Tennessee is not any good mindset.
There will not be a louder stadium tomorrow anywhere and it definitely will give them a problem. They have a lot of penalties anyway and Matt Corral will not be able to hear himself think.
They have no idea how amped up this crowd will be and how much it can effect them. Not to mention it seems as though the team is extremely fired up for this one too.
I just wish we had a healthy Evans but still think we win anyway.

The key comment in all of that was that Ealy isn't going to play. I would love to have confirmation of that. Ealy means as much or more to their O as Evans does to UT's.

Reactions: vollygirl
I spoke to a really good friend yesterday, he played DL for Ole Miss, and his take was that our big RBs will be hard for the Rebels to handle and could very well be the difference in the game. We both agreed that both QBs are very very talented, both throwing and running the ball, and that this would be a high scoring game. We also agreed that turnovers could determine who wins the game. We discussed defenses, he thinks that the VOLS have a better defense, he mentioned that Arky's offense isn't that good but they lit up Ole Miss D.

Lastly, he said playing in Neyland at night would have an impact on Ole Miss . . . he played and has attended games at Neyland, he said his ears hurt at times . . .

We will talk again Sunday, hopefully I am rubbing in a big VOLS win!!

GBO

Well, Evans' ankle has not responded as well to treatment as hoped so he is less than 100%. Game availability is tbd by CJH Friday afternoon. Small is a go, but his injured shoulder is not 100%. One hard hit to either the ankle or shoulder puts the ball; in Hooker, Whitehead and Wright's hands. I hope we can get lucky and both Evans and Small can escape further injury, and whatever percent good they are is good enough.

Reactions: Pacer92 and BigDave
It’s so funny seeing people say we have worse talent than Arkansas and ole miss.. have people not paid attention to recruiting rankings at all the past 20 years? We’ve always had better talent. Just way worse coaching

It’s so funny seeing people say we have worse talent than Arkansas and ole miss.. have people not paid attention to recruiting rankings at all the past 20 years? We’ve always had better talent. Just way worse coaching

Yea, 247 ranks our roster talent above Ole Miss but we’re in the same ball park. We are just thin in some key areas like OL and LB. I hate not having Evans but if the OL plays well we will run the ball well. Hopefully Small is healed up enough to play significant snaps.

Sorry for being late this week. My coworker went on vacation so I'm doing the job of 2 while he's out haha.

First thing I seen when opening the message boards and BAM--Tennessee Football. Gotta love it.

Now this one made me laugh in response to the question above

There is some concern among Ole Miss fans. Thats awesome to see since it has been a while since anyone has taken us seriously

Now lets hope they don't get in the end zone until the games out of reach.

Has Henry Jones Jr seen LSU play?

Someone should tell him that so far, the only thing that's beaten UT are themselves for the most part by overthrowing wide open receiver's for TDs(mostly Milton). Hopefully Hooker continues to connect on deep balls.

Pretty well thought out analysis of what he thinks of the game

Size and strength are apparently where they struggle against the run

Overconfidence, I like it

Lets hope the crowd brings it and Corral struggles all game long, but not enough to bring in the backup because you know how that works out for UT lmao

Ummm what???

My dad and I are going to the game and hope it'll be the loudest I have ever heard it all game long (never had a chance to go during UTs good years).

There were plenty of people looking for tickets to the game.....Good thing itll be hard on them this week.
Awesome job, Rock!

What is this with some of them thinking we're like Arkansas? We and the Razorbacks really aren't anything like each other. So weird.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back