Win Differential in 2022 if Hooker Returns?

volinbham

VN GURU
I'll set the over/under at 1.5 wins with Hooker next year vs without him.

Place your bets - you over or under?

Reactions: Vol8188
Depends… with Milton as QB1, I’m taking the over all day. If we land another transfer, that may be a different story. Over seems like the most likely answer to this question.

I’ll go 3 at this point. Hooker is a gamer. Just like we saw qbs for Bama and LSU make THE PLAY when the game is on the line, Hooker has that ability. We’ll be ok, but could be in the mix of top 3-4 in sec with Hooker in the saddle.

The SEC better watch out if HH stays. The Vols will be a force to have to deal with by the unfortunate teams on our schedule.

Reactions: joevol33
Have to wait and see what the schedule is for next season. I believe Texas and Oklahoma are in the league next year. Regardless what the time table says right now.

Who would want Rattler.A hype machine interested in his stats.Panics some when pressured,goes all JG.Go with who we have here and those that come,by signing or transfer portal.

Last edited:
10 wins as a legit possibility, 8 should be the floor. Pitt is losing their QB and several seniors. Florida and LSU will be breaking in new coaches, possibly Kentucky as well if Stoops decides to leave. This may be the only season playing Florida early in the season works to our advantage, also I like the Bye Week sandwiched in between Florida and LSU. All the other games outside of Alabama and Georgia should be considered as close to automatic wins as you can get.

1638086381392.jpeg

Hooker can be replaced. JH can find a quality qb in the portal if Jackson isn't ready.

There are several true freshmen doing well. They could do well here with our system. Next year schedule is easier than this year was.

The losses next year for sure drop to 2. We'll beat Fla and LSU with their new system and new coaches. We'll be favored in all but 2 games.

Until we get better on both lines we will be squarely in the middle tier of SEC teams, even if HH and CT come back. 8 or 9 wins and maybe the Outback Bowl sounds about right.

Gotta recruit both lines hard and win some guys who would have otherwise gone to Bama/UGA/OSU/Clemson/playoff contenders if we want to really turn this thing fully back around.

UCF Dillon Gabriel entered the portal too. Idk if that has been said here or not but if HH goes we will probably pick him up regardless.

Reactions: posivol
10 wins as a legit possibility, 8 should be the floor. Pitt is losing their QB and several seniors. Florida and LSU will be breaking in new coaches, possibly Kentucky as well if Stoops decides to leave. This may be the only season playing Florida early in the season works to our advantage, also I like the Bye Week sandwiched in between Florida and LSU. All the other games outside of Alabama and Georgia should be considered as close to automatic wins as you can get.

View attachment 415558
Yes, 9 to me is very legit. 10 with upset. I like Florida more and more. This recruiting class is gonna suck for them. Mullen leaving the cupboard bare already. They will lose transfers. They better have the right guy bc it can turn south real quick with players getting a free pass to transfer now.

Reactions: VolPack22
Idk how this can be a serious statement.
Which part? I’m being very rational here. Hooker gets us to a winning season. Milton does not. I love JH and everything he’s done, but we’re not winning 9 or 10 games next year. If we all have that mindset, then JH isn’t being given a fair shot.

Which part? I’m being very rational here. Hooker gets us to a winning season. Milton does not. I love JH and everything he’s done, but we’re not winning 9 or 10 games next year. If we all have that mindset, then JH isn’t being given a fair shot.

Why aren’t we winning 9-10 games next year? 9 games would involve beating everyone we did this year plus 2/3 of Pitt, Florida, and LSU. That’s very doable.

I’m not sure why you’re convinced Milton will be the QB either but I do know CJH knows a lot more about QBs and development of QBs than either of us, so if he does enter the season as QB1, I’ll trust the guy who worked miracles with our offense this season. Either way your 5 win claim is dumb.

VN Store

Back