Bowl Reps at the game…

Tennessee needs a showcase bowl, warm climate, good weather, national game. Very little if no competition for eyes on the game and put this fast crazy offense on display and light whoever up with it. That's what will draw recruits next season and beyond.

My top three:

Duke's Mayo Bowl
Taxslayer Bowl
Texas Bowl

Let's go into another media market and showcase this team.

IMHO: the Music City Bowl is the "participation trophy" for our Vol's. This team deserves better than that.
Just curious as to why that thought? Because of the weather/location? I feel like the Music City Bowl has become a very respectable game outside of NYD and CFP. Don’t they get a higher pick in bowl order than the Taxslayer and the one in Charlotte. I know they are before Liberty Bowl.

Reactions: savannahfan
Selfishly I want the Music City bowl as I will be on call and cannot make a trip out of state. But I would rather go to the Taxslayer bowl as far as bowls go.

We gonna be in Panama City for New Year's only bowl we could do would be 11am Gator...could drive over for the game and still be back in plenty of time for beach ball drop at midnight

13 SEC teams are bowl eligible. I hope we are high enough on the pecking order to get a Florida bowl.

Reactions: onevol74
Me and my son were at the game today. We walked in the stadium at gate 16 and went towards the team store and passed a couple of guys with green blazers with big Taxslayer Bowl pins.

Is that a hint to where we’re headed?

Hopefully, but I'm guessing other Bowl reps were there too

Tennessee's history of folks coming down for that one makes them a high priority for the TaxSlayer Bowl. It is to my understanding that the business people in Jacksonville love it when the Big Orange fanbase rolls in. Now more than ever, they love the economic impact Tennessee fans make. You guys travel well. However, the rules to how bowls are divied up might mean they end up in Nashville for the MCB. But if it is still 32 degrees as it is now here in beautiful Greenback? Heading down to Gator Country "where the wine and the women are free" as Molly hatchet would say? Sure sounds good to me.

Just curious as to why that thought? Because of the weather/location? I feel like the Music City Bowl has become a very respectable game outside of NYD and CFP. Don’t they get a higher pick in bowl order than the Taxslayer and the one in Charlotte. I know they are before Liberty Bowl.

Maybe. But the problem will be a large portion of our fans already spend time there. So a big chunk of what would be spent goes down, because it is just a day trip for the majority. Leave home, show up for the game, and drive back home. A trip to Charlotte, Jacksonville, or even Memphis will mean more hotel bookings, and restaurant tabs.

Not saying a invite to Nashville is a bad thing, and so far, I have seen at least one poster who wants that one. But with 13 of the 14 SEC teams looking at bowl bids? MCB might bring in a better economic boon if they get an SEC team that has not been there since Tennessee last came to play.

Music City Bowl Results - College Football Bowl Games | EDSFootball.com

The above link is the MCB teams to play since 1998 to 2019. It says Missouri faced Iowa in 2020. South Carolina might be a good option. Arkansas has not been there since 2002.

Bowl reps visiting games is nothing more than another way for that whole crooked bowl system to burn money under the guise of being non-profit.

Don't read any more into it than that.

Gas prices will play a factor in how many fans people bring, so will outrageous hotel prices. We are most likely going to Nashville.

VN Store

Back