One thing certainly has endured the test of time

It’s obvious that they don’t care. They brought their pep band and 68 fans, then put some nerd in charge of their Twitter, throwing out all sorts of misleading stuff.

It’s obvious that they don’t care. They brought their pep band and 68 fans, then put some nerd in charge of their Twitter, throwing out all sorts of misleading stuff.

Yu know, the Tennesean has been trying to pump up a named rivalry between the Vols and the Dores, kinda like the Iron bowl or Egg Bowl, the LSU Arkansas boot game thing. And I have laughed and made fun of it, and called it a terrible idea.

I am going to reverse my stand. But instead of a trophy for the winner, I think there needs to be a God awful looking statue that goes to the loser. And has to be displayed in front of either stadium depending on who lost. I really think that might get Vanderbilt to either A) Invest in football and make this a genuine rivalry. Or B) Join the OVC and at least MAYBE win half their games.

Yu know, the Tennesean has been trying to pump up a named rivalry between the Vols and the Dores, kinda like the Iron bowl or Egg Bowl, the LSU Arkansas boot game thing. And I have laughed and made fun of it, and called it a terrible idea.

I am going to reverse my stand. But instead of a trophy for the winner, I think there needs to be a God awful looking statue that goes to the loser. And has to be displayed in front of either stadium depending on who lost. I really think that might get Vanderbilt to either A) Invest in football and make this a genuine rivalry. Or B) Join the OVC and at least MAYBE win half their games.
They just don’t have enough interest in having a top notch football program. I don’t know what the answer is. They have a great baseball team, and are at least competitive in other sports. I’m sure somebody on here knows, but what was their attendance like when Franklin had them at their height?

They just don’t have enough interest in having a top notch football program. I don’t know what the answer is. They have a great baseball team, and are at least competitive in other sports. I’m sure somebody on here knows, but what was their attendance like when Franklin had them at their height?

I will give them props for baseball. But if they want to get serious, I would figure out how to get some real facilities. They should tear down that football stadium, and build a bigger basketball arena there. And build a 70000 to 80000 seat stadium just across the street west of the current stadium. I kinda think they need to have a field of dreams moment. If you build it they will come. Yeah, they would struggle for a few years. But if you have the facilities, you have a chance. If you don't? You have no chance.

I expect it has to do more with the Vandy-Peabody connection. I wonder just how many football players are actually Vandy students. There has to be some "sidestepping" going on here. Wonder what a diploma for one of these players says...

I will give them props for baseball. But if they want to get serious, I would figure out how to get some real facilities. They should tear down that football stadium, and build a bigger basketball arena there. And build a 70000 to 80000 seat stadium just across the street west of the current stadium. I kinda think they need to have a field of dreams moment. If you build it they will come. Yeah, they would struggle for a few years. But if you have the facilities, you have a chance. If you don't? You have no chance.

I personally don't think they need to build a new stadium. Just make a deal with whoever controls or owns Bridgestone and work out the details with other team or teams using it. If the Vandy boys don't improve as a team, as least fans can have a great place to enjoy.

I personally don't think they need to build a new stadium. Just make a deal with whoever controls or owns Bridgestone and work out the details with other team or teams using it. If the Vandy boys don't improve as a team, as least fans can have a great place to enjoy.

Yeah like that has worked out for Temple, and a few other universities that do that kinda thing. If you don't think they need a decent stadium on campus? You are just not thinking. You are not going to get anywhere driving across town, and thinking fans will show up. Or recruits will want to come. If they built a stadium with potential for growth? There is more people living in and around Nashville that would support them.

Instead they want to stick out their chests about their academics. OK they have that. But if they put some of that same energy into athletics? They could be more like Stanford than Harvard.

They should build a 25,000 seat stadium like some of the recent MLS stadiums, which should let them get closer to 60% attendance. Still wouldn't be able to charge more than $100 for season tickets, so they'd keep on taking funding from tuition and fees.

Yeah like that has worked out for Temple, and a few other universities that do that kinda thing. If you don't think they need a decent stadium on campus? You are just not thinking. You are not going to get anywhere driving across town, and thinking fans will show up. Or recruits will want to come. If they built a stadium with potential for growth? There is more people living in and around Nashville that would support them.

Instead they want to stick out their chests about their academics. OK they have that. But if they put some of that same energy into athletics? They could be more like Stanford than Harvard.

Nope Nashville is different than the places you try to compare it to. Vandy fans will be Vandy vans regardless of where they play (all 2000 of them) Who the hell want's to go over west of downtown? Most people who will show up for the games will be from out of town. They will be "Nashville" (city) fans, visiting team fans using the game for a really good overall weekend etc. If as has happened in the recent past, Vandy come's up with a fairly good team, all the better. But not in any future can I see Vandy being able to use a 70,000-80,000 set football stadium on campus.

Nope Nashville is different than the places you try to compare it to. Vandy fans will be Vandy vans regardless of where they play (all 2000 of them) Who the hell want's to go over west of downtown? Most people who will show up for the games will be from out of town. They will be "Nashville" (city) fans, visiting team fans using the game for a really good overall weekend etc. If as has happened in the recent past, Vandy come's up with a fairly good team, all the better. But not in any future can I see Vandy being able to use a 70,000-80,000 set football stadium on campus.

With the way they have done thing historically? You are probably right. But if these academically superior people finally invest in their other sports the way they have baseball? They would be able to. They could at the very least advance to the point Kentucky has reached over the past few years. You know, I never saw them ever rising up beyond where they had been back in the 70s and 80s. But they have shown signs of becoming more. Vanderbilt probably could too. But not with that cracker box.

They should build a 25,000 seat stadium like some of the recent MLS stadiums, which should let them get closer to 60% attendance. Still wouldn't be able to charge more than $100 for season tickets, so they'd keep on taking funding from tuition and fees.

What the hell is MLS?

West of stadium is parking for hospital employees. Guess they could do another parking garage. I don’t, however, see how building a bigger stadium makes for a better football program. They just don’t have a local alumni base and locals are more dedicated to the NFL, NHL and MLS. Vandy is in a tough spot which actually makes me happy!

They should’ve hired Mike Leach when no one else would. He could’ve gotten them to consistent 6-6 seasons with the occasional shocking upset, and everybody involved would have been as happy as pigs in mud.

Great name!... "A Terrible Idea"...
Brilliant, TNnative... genius!

What the hell is MLS?
Nashville sought out MLS, but they're stuck with the Commodores. Vanderbilt was going to use Nashville SC to get a nicer stadium on the cheap but wanted more seats than the soccer team, even though they use them once every two years. Hence the soccer team will have the better of the two stadiums and won't have to share theirs.

Nashville sought out MLS, but they're stuck with the Commodores. Vanderbilt was going to use Nashville SC to get a nicer stadium on the cheap but wanted more seats than the soccer team, even though they use them once every two years. Hence the soccer team will have the better of the two stadiums and won't have to share theirs.

Oh Lord, please allow soccer to go south of the border, or back across the Atlantic. Escapes me why anyone would watch or go to that kinda garbage.

Oh Lord, please allow soccer to go south of the border, or back across the Atlantic. Escapes me why anyone would watch or go to that kinda garbage.
No Foam Fingers, and Not Enough Violence?

VN Store

Back