Who do we lose?

reaperkyle

Orange Blooded
Aside from portal losses that we don't know about yet, I know that for sure we lose:

Velus Jones Jr
Caleb Tremblay
Matthew Butler
Ja'Quain Blakey
Alontae Taylor
Theo Jackson (added)
Javonte Payton (added)
Tiyon Evans (updated-portal)

I think these guys will have the option to go to the draft or stay with the "Super Senior" status:

Hendon Hooker (draft?)
Cade Mays (draft?)
Cedric Tillman (updated-draft?)
Jerome Carvin (updated-staying)
K'Rojhn Calbert (updated-probably moving on)
Princeton Fant
Ollie Lane
Juwan Mitchell (updated-probably moving on)
Solon Page
Trevon Flowers
Paxton Brooks
Chase McGrath
LaTrell Bumphus (updated-staying)

Who am I missing? I'm looking at the roster for next year.

Thanks in advance!

I'll update the list as ya'll respond.

Last edited:
WHY would you want him to leave??? Our QB room is bare bones as it is, not unless we get some great QBs through the portal and he has already transferred and can't go anywhere unless he sits out or plays for UTC or ETSU etc.... that's just NUTZ!!!!

If he left we could likely upgrade through the portal

Reactions: 508mikey
WHY would you want him to leave??? Our QB room is bare bones as it is, not unless we get some great QBs through the portal and he has already transferred and can't go anywhere unless he sits out or plays for UTC or ETSU etc.... that's just NUTZ!!!!

I've been to several ETSU game. Their QB is better than Milton

He can’t play QB at this level. He is a liability anytime he steps on the field. Him leaving would create another player we can bring in through the portal and we need every spot we can get. Assuming Hooker comes back, we will bring in a transfer QB to be compete and at least be QB2 next year with Jackson and the UCF transfer also on the roster

I’m sure Cade leaves and I really can’t blame him. And as much as I have to come to like him he has missed a ton of time with injury so we played most of this year without him anyway.
The two we need back are Tillman amd hooker. Amd I really believe both should come back for their own futures.
Both burst into the scene this year with little fanfare. And that early recognition is so important. Both those 2 would head into the season on preseason watch list and even more importantly…they’ve had at that point really had time to work on developing even more continuity. Those dudes could put up MASSIVE numbers next year. That’s exciting to even think about. I can’t remember the last time we felt better about the about the offense going into a season than we will if both of those guys are back.

Didn't he go through Senior Day? I thought he didn't have the option to come back.

redshirted this year and he can return. Just going through senior day doesn't mean you have to leave, you can still return.. Now if he plays in the bowl game, he will have to leave because that would end his redshirt for this year and mean he was out of eligibility..

Hopefully Milton leaves

So you want Milton to get pushed out after he was personally pursued by our head coach. Great PR that would be and for sure would inspire other transfer guys with more than one year to jump on board. Really. really bad plan.... Let's just let coach deal with all inbound and outbound portal activity.

redshirted this year and he can return. Just going through senior day doesn't mean you have to leave, you can still return.. Now if he plays in the bowl game, he will have to leave because that would end his redshirt for this year and mean he was out of eligibility..

Yeah. I knew he didn't have to leave if he attended Senior Day, but thought that was kind of him stating his intent. I guess my assumption should have only been that way if he were designated as anything but a senior. I'll move him to the bottom list.

Thanks!

VN Store

Back