A shout-out to Kellie Harper

lvocd

I just finished watching her post-game interview after the win at VT, and I can honestly say she is one of THE easiest coaches to interview in the game today. She has it all: a friendly personality, youthful energy, passion for the sport, obvious love for her players and her program -- and she oozes competence.

I watch every video interview she gives, and she is always a delight. I enjoy the fact that she is so self-assured, never stumbling and never at a loss for words. Kellie is an excellent communicator, and I am always a little sad when the interview is over.

Eat your hearts out, everybody else! We've got us a real keeper in Knoxville! :D

The phone lines from recruits ought to be blowing up after this comeback win.

I hope every recruit saw the loving interaction between Kellie and Jordan in the handshake line immediately after the game. The love and encouragement Harper gave Horston was poignant -- and so obviously genuine. Jordan struggled with fouls and so didn't get to contribute as much as she usually does, but clearly Kellie was letting her know how proud she was of her for coming up so huge at the end.

Every player should want to play for a coach like that. You can't fake that level of motherly tenderness.

I agreel, she does so well in communicating to her audience. the only negative might be that several who ask questions , I'll politely say they ramble.

If our Board were to designate a loyal member to regularly ask questions - who would you nominate?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I agreel, she does so well in communicating to her audience. the only negative might be that several who ask questions , I'll politely say they ramble.

If our Board were to designate a loyal member to regularly ask questions - who would you nominate?

Darth. She would politely and publicly school him on basketball coaching, and expose him as a fraud after two or three of his "questions." That would be fun to see.

All of that and also good eye candy.

I always see in Kellie the kind of physical presence that very much says “All-American girl-next-door.” She’s attractive without ever looking like she’s trying too hard. She has a naturally winning smile, a nice figure, and the way she dresses she looks pretty without ever drawing TOO much ogling. She’s a terrific role model for the players on how to stay in good shape into their forties, and how to look and dress nice without ever making anyone’s grandma blush.

I like how the staff is handling wardrobe this season: Coordinated team track suits for road games, individual dress clothing for home games.

I hope every recruit saw the loving interaction between Kellie and Jordan in the handshake line immediately after the game. The love and encouragement Harper gave Horston was poignant -- and so obviously genuine. Jordan struggled with fouls and so didn't get to contribute as much as she usually does, but clearly Kellie was letting her know how proud she was of her for coming up so huge at the end.

Every player should want to play for a coach like that. You can't fake that level of motherly tenderness.

🙏 🙏

I just finished watching her post-game interview after the win at VT, and I can honestly say she is one of THE easiest coaches to interview in the game today. She has it all: a friendly personality, youthful energy, passion for the sport, obvious love for her players and her program -- and she oozes competence.

I watch every video interview she gives, and she is always a delight. I enjoy the fact that she is so self-assured, never stumbling and never at a loss for words. Kellie is an excellent communicator, and I am always a little sad when the interview is over.

Eat your hearts out, everybody else! We've got us a real keeper in Knoxville! :D

I hate to keep bring this up (actually I don't!) but the more I see and hear Coach Kellie (still want to call her Coach K) the more she reminds me of Pat......

I always see in Kellie the kind of physical presence that very much says “All-American girl-next-door.” She’s attractive without ever looking like she’s trying too hard. She has a naturally winning smile, a nice figure, and the way she dresses she looks pretty without ever drawing TOO much ogling. She’s a terrific role model for the players on how to stay in good shape into their forties, and how to look and dress nice without ever making anyone’s grandma blush.

I like how the staff is handling wardrobe this season: Coordinated team track suits for road games, individual dress clothing for home games.

What you say just expands something I just posted in an above post,,,,,CLASS

Well, to be fair, she learned from the GOAT!
GBO!!

I hate to keep bring this up (actually I don't!) but the more I see and hear Coach Kellie (still want to call her Coach K) the more she reminds me of Pat......
People can argue this point, but imo, the state of Tennessee has produced 2 of the finest women this world has ever known, Dolly and Pat. Saints imo!
GBO!!

From day one, I continuously told my wife that you can see a LOT of Coach Summitt in her.
GBO!!

I wanted Harper before Holly was ever hired. In hindsight it may have been too soon but I always knew Holly wouldn’t do well and I always knew Kellie would. And it was only because I too saw so much of Pat in Kellie.

I wanted Harper before Holly was ever hired. In hindsight it may have been too soon but I always knew Holly wouldn’t do well and I always knew Kellie would. And it was only because I too saw so much of Pat in Kellie.

It's very difficult to follow a legend in coaching, with unrealistic expectations on the newbie. Holly might have had more success if she had built a HC resume at another school, then came back to UT. And Kellie might have had trouble getting traction if she had directly followed Pat. Given what we're seeing so far, it's working out for Kellie now.

I'm probably gonna step in it now, but in her media availability last week KJH seemed, if not exactly impatient, at least a bit weary with hearing the "How much of Pat . . ." question for what surely must be the 90 millionth time.

She pointed out the obvious that they're both from small town Tennessee and have similar accents and cultural references. And the obvious that she played for Pat and learned from her. And the obvious that many fans have a real need to see Pat in and through her. But beyond that, kinda not so much.

I could be wrong, but after 15 or so years in the business, I think KJH would like to think she's established her own identity. And if she hadn't done that before, she is most definitely doing it right now.

VN Store

Back