The Official “Let’s Rally Behind The Team” Thread

yes true fans sit in the middle of band wagon. not one leg over side one little bump jump run down the team. but bumps shows trolls from vfl fans.

Complacency will do that. No adjustment made for Green's absence. And Kelly looks dazed at times. OH to be a fly on the wall at practice to really see .

It is time to regroup for both the Lady Vols and its fan base. This was a trap game and we fell into its trap. We can complain and bellyache, however, it is what it is. We must move on in hope that a great lesson was learned by the players, coaches and fan base that you can’t take any team for granted. You have to bring your A game night in and night out no matter if you are playing the best team in the country or the worse. We also have to ignore the naysayers who will deny we belong in the championship conversation by proving them wrong in the games remaining. Keep your heads up Lady Vols!!!

Complacency will do that. No adjustment made for Green's absence. And Kelly looks dazed at times. OH to be a fly on the wall at practice to really see .
I just hope KJH realizes that she does not necessarily have a deep team and that a ten point lead is not the time to replace all or most of your starters. You also need to make good use of your TOs before the wheels completely fall off the bus.

I just hope KJH realizes that she does not necessarily have a deep team and that a ten point lead is not the time to replace all or most of your starters. You also need to make good use of your TOs before the wheels completely fall off the bus.

Good points AND possible indictments as to Coaching Acumen. She IS a players Coach; possibly explains success this season. But I swear at times She looks lost.

I’m on THIS bandwagon we lost and it was a bad loss… but so was the loss to Missouri YET we’re being looked:laughed at on Socials and it’s ok but we AINT going anywhere.. I wish our fan base was as loud and active as others but we’re getting there. I wish our alumni would act up like SC’s do but their success is recent so the players who experienced it and are trying to help build the legacy/tradition of winning are younger and more excited for their program…. I wanna swe that energy from Candace/Izzy/Mercedes/Bashaara/Andraya… this team doesn’t just need private conversations for support but vocal celebration and demonstrations of support.

There are times when a "ugly loss" can lead to a beautiful future, and if taken as the opportunity that it really is, an opportunity to strengthen that which is weak and grow that which is strong. This team is adjusting to Ms. Green loss, and we will take some lumps until the new rotations and chemistry is figured out. So lets be patient and trust Coach Harper's process. GO LADY VOLS:)

KJH at 18-1 (coach of the year candidate); Kellie at 18-2, Kellie "looks lost," may not have coaching acumen, failed to realize that she needed to adjust for Green's injury, doesn't understand how deep her bench is.

Let me add, that she failed to sprinkle the magic fairy dust that all good coaches use to solve all problems instantaneously.

This team has been winning through rebounding and high intensity defense. Those traits have papered over some other problems, such as inconsistent shooting. Against Auburn, this team seemed mentally drained; Kellie noted in her press conference that the loss of Green had taken an emotional toll on the team and this was the first game after receiving that news. They just were not able to bring it and Auburn was pumped for this game.

People have been clamoring for Emily to get a shot and now the gripe is that Kellie did not adjust to Green;s loss. She gave Emily her shot. The loss was a team loss but all the little pieces, Rae having a terrible night; Saunders not matching up and foul trouble for Key, coupled with a down energy night created a perfect storm.

This situation is a test of the coaching staff for sure but going insane over a single SEC road loss is bi-polar extremism. I am betting this team bounces back nicely against Arkansas at home.

Last edited:
Ok Tara looked lost against Southern Florida, Geno looked lost against Georgia Tech, Kim Mulkey looked lost last night against Arkansas and Florida Gulf Coast earlier this season, Dawn Staley looked lost against Missouri, Wes Moore looked lost against Georgia. Every team has looked lost at least one game or two this season. Georgia Tech beat UConn, but lost to Auburn on their homecourt. I knew they were dangerous thought it would be close never thought we'd lose. That is what 22 turnovers and allowing your opponent to put up 13 more shots than you will do for you. We'll see how the team accepts losing they have a home game against Arkansas see if they can come out and win that game. If they can't then we can have more of a discussion about the team having a problem. Right now the team just played a bad game on the road and they get their chance to make amends the season is not over.

Good word OP. As bad as that sucked TLV’s we’re kind of walking into a chit storm . With Greens injury having to have taken an emotional toll and the fact that AU eventually had to win a game , shot well whereas TLV’S had some critical dry spells it was kind of a perfect storm they were walking into . Snap and clear &hoping for a big bounce back Monday night .

just hope KJH realizes that she does not necessarily have a deep team and that a ten point lead is not the time to replace all or most of your starters.
The platoon system has driven us all crazy at various times but we've generally seen it work. Not last night. That's the steepest downhill plunge I've seen us make due to mass subbing. But I think it was part of a really crappy night in general. And the loss of Green, a high quality sub.
This team has been winning through rebounding and high intensity defense. Those traits have papered over some other problems, such as inconsistent shooting.
Definitely been using some bailing wire and duct tape to patch things together. And counting on everyone not having crappy nights or crappy quarters at the same time. Another part of the generally craptastic night.
People have been clamoring for Emily to get a shot and now the gripe is that Kellie did not adjust to Green;s loss. She gave Emily her shot
I wish someone would have asked KJH about this choice. Why Emily over Striplin? Like you, I wondered if KJH was just trying to give Emily a full shot. I get that, but not at the expense of the game. She played 8 mins (seemed like more) and I can't see how it took half of that to see another solution was needed, especially in a close game. Can't believe Striplin couldn't have contributed a bit more to the cause.

GO LADY VOLS!!!!

I am all-in with this amazing team, sending only positive thoughts their way. They’ve given me back my joy for the game, so the very least I can do is give back to them my unwavering positive support. 🧡

I am focusing my thoughts on their spirits healing quickly, and their confidence returning soon. They were clearly shaken pretty hard last night, and from listening to Kellie just now they obviously left Auburn feeling a little cracked.

But they need to understand that one crazy loss does NOT mean they are permanently, irreparably damaged. They’re NOT delicate teacups shattered by a sledgehammer.

They are TENNESSEE LADY VOLS.

Even feeling vulnerable and raw, they have no less power as a group today than they did a week ago. They just need to fight together to remember that. They’ll bow their backs up and come out stronger. I just know it!!!!

The platoon system has driven us all crazy at various times but we've generally seen it work. Not last night. That's the steepest downhill plunge I've seen us make due to mass subbing. But I think it was part of a really crappy night in general. And the loss of Green, a high quality sub.
Definitely been using some bailing wire and duct tape to patch things together. And counting on everyone not having crappy nights or crappy quarters at the same time. Another part of the generally craptastic night.

I wish someone would have asked KJH about this choice. Why Emily over Striplin? Like you, I wondered if KJH was just trying to give Emily a full shot. I get that, but not at the expense of the game. She played 8 mins (seemed like more) and I can't see how it took half of that to see another solution was needed, especially in a close game. Can't believe Striplin couldn't have contributed a bit more to the cause.
Well should be now she should be on the bench like where she was before the injury. So many even myself were calling for her to get a chance and she got quite a big one. I agree it has to be Striplin or neither or just soak up those minutes with Puckett and or someone else.

Last edited:
GO LADY VOLS!!!!

I am all-in with this amazing team, sending only positive thoughts their way. They’ve given me back my joy for the game, so the very least I can do is give back to them my unwavering positive support. 🧡

I am focusing my thoughts on their spirits healing quickly, and their confidence returning soon. They were clearly shaken pretty hard last night, and from listening to Kellie just now they obviously left Auburn feeling a little cracked.

But they need to understand that one crazy loss does NOT mean they are permanently, irreparably damaged. They’re NOT delicate teacups shattered by a sledgehammer.

They are TENNESSEE LADY VOLS.

Even feeling vulnerable and raw, they have no less power as a group today than they did a week ago. They just need to fight together to remember that. They’ll bow their backs up and come out stronger. I just know it!!!!
I knew it was going to be a tough game. Last time we played them down there they were terrible and Horston had to make a shot on the last play of the game for us to win that game. Of course we destroyed them last year at home and could've won that one by 50 if we had so desired.

Reactions: travis929

Those two statements really go together. Kellie had not been platooning that much once the SEC season started. She had been going with her starting five (and Rae, Brooklyn, Sara, Keyen) being the main subs, with a cameo here and there for Kaiya, Emma and Karoline.

Tess getting sick and then Green's injury upset that rotation and it hurt that Miles also had a crap game. Some of the line-ups looked odd but Key was in foul trouble which further imbalanced this off kilter teaam. The question of Emily over Karoline is an interesting one. They see the players everyday so I assume that know something we don't as outside observers but it sure seems that Karoline might been able to grab a few boards that Saunders was too slow to react to and maybe closed out an open shooter that Saunders could not cover.

This may have been a case where managing a player and feeling obligated to give her a chance was over valued in relation to winning the game. On the flipside, sometimes you lose a battle to win a war...

Last edited:
To me, this was a perfect storm for an upset. After Key easily scored the 1st 5 points we eventually took a 10 point lead. At first, I understood the subs and agreed until I didn't. It looked like no matter what we could throw it down to Key and score at will. She ended up with just 2 more points 7 points, 8 rebounds for the game. What looked like a trial to see what lineups we could use going forward just gave Auburn hope. This is a learning experience for the team and coaches and I feel will motivate this team and hopefully, we can look back at it as a slap in the face that woke the team and fans up to the work ahead.
An epilogue to this is the refs let Auburn play a no holds barred poking, slapping relentless defense that aided the enemy but just too much one on one going on. by the Vols ergo turnovers. These factors were aided by refs calling style & Auburn player's extended hope giving them the energy to pull this off.

Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01

VN Store

Back