ARKANSAS

Roster
Schedule
Game Notes
Stats

1639191556012-png.419486

Go Lady Vols.

Last edited:
Arkansas is ranked 7th in the nation for three point attempts, top 20 in A/T ratio, and they have two guards that shoot 40% from three on volume shooting. Add in the fact that they do not turn the ball over a lot, only around 10 per game, while averaging 76 points per game, and this smells of some risk for Tennessee.

Above all, Tennessee must NOT let Arkansas shoot their way to a 10-15 point lead early, something that will free up Arkansas to keep pulling the trigger and put more pressure on the Lady Vols. Tennessee must control the pace and disrupt their outside shots. The last thing you want is one of those situations where Tennessee's down a dozen, lets their defense lapse on back to back threes, and find themselves down by almost twenty points. Cannot let that happen.

Losing on the road happens to everyone, but you can't lose at home. A loss here would be far worse than the road loss you have to win these home games. I'm not expecting it to be easy no SEC game is but the team has to bring their A game and some energy in their play. The last three games have been really low energy time to wake up and get back to doing the things we need to win a game.

This game obviously takes on new importance. How will the LVs respond? We have to rejuvinate the defense, especially closing out on 3 point shooters. Best case scenario is a solid win that wipes away alot of the bad juju from Auburn. I'm also really, really glad this game is here.

If the Lady Vols have 20 turnovers this game they will suffer the same fate as they did against Auburn. If they play as a team and take care of the ball the Girks will be just fine.

Just one game I would like Key to not pick up a foul in Q1. Too much to ask?

We all wish that. But then I also realize that every opposing coach’s game plan has “Go at Key early and often to try to draw fouls and get her out” as the No.1 priority.

I agreed with another poster a few days ago when he or she said Key needs to learn to let some things go now and then to stay in the game. Obviously opponents will score some points on some of those let-goes, but Key would also be getting a good look and feel for what the opponent is capable of, and can amp up her aggression and shut some of that down later. Gotta stay in the game!

We all wish that. But then I also realize that every opposing coach’s game plan has “Go at Key early and often to try to draw fouls and get her out” as the No.1 priority.

I agreed with another poster a few days ago when he or she said Key needs to learn to let some things go now and then to stay in the game. Obviously opponents will score some points on some of those let-goes, but Key would also be getting a good look and feel for what the opponent is capable of, and can amp up her aggression and shut some of that down later. Gotta stay in the game!
If Key plays less than 10-12 min in the 1st half, I don't like Tennessee's chances...unless Arkansas' frontcourt is also in foul trouble. Goforth and Daniels are strong at attacking the paint, and same with Barnum now that she's back. If Key isn't around to dissuade them from entering her property, they could get a lot of confidence really quickly.

I don't have a good feeling about this game, tbh...

Teammates reacting with a little help defense would be huge.

Just rewatched Pat XO...:::sigh:::

There were several clips of KJH the player...you almost forget how special she was. And there was Pat... in her face, dressing her down, and Kellie never flinching. Taking it in, and readjusting accordingly. The results speak for themselves.

I don't want Kellie to be Pat2.0 but I wouldn't mind seeing her light a LV up every now and then. I don't think the psyche of true ballers are THAT fragile these days. They came here to win championships...so let's cut down on silly TOs and mental lapses and go get one.

The loss to Auburn shows this team can lose to anyone at any time. Honestly...I thought they were too good for a loss like that....and that means they could conceivably lose in the 1st or 2nd round of the ncaa tourney. I guess it's nice we are a legit force again...but once again the Vols fooled me into thinking they were above losses like that. My bad. Hope they can regroup and prove that loss was more a fluke than anything....but I don't think it was. Very deflating....but we'll see how it goes rest of the way. Go Vols. Just do your best. All we can ask.

VN Store

Back