TN best in all SEC sports for 21/22

OrangeBeachVol

"Not only did Tennessee athletics post the best win percentage in SEC play of any [program], they did so by a sizable amount. The gap between the Vols and second-place Florida is bigger than the gap between the Gators and seventh-place Ole Miss."

There's the Vols at the top. Then a big honking gap. Then Florida at #2, then in quick succession #3, #4, #5, #6, and #7. The #2 to #7 are all closer together than any of them are to our lads and lasses.

That's pretty smile-inducing. Heh.

Go Vols!

Umm, wasn't Phil the Athletic Director at UT? Just figured that there had to be some carryover, as this basically occurred under his watch, right?

He was 1-1 in his contribution to the score. Negative with the hiring of Pruitt and positive with hiring Kelly Jolly. Unless there is something else, not sure he did.

Tennessee is turning into a Top SPORTS destination.

Soon high school hallways and classrooms will be seeing many more Big Orange Tennessee Tee shirts and other things showing up.

That's going to force many more of the Top high school players in all sports to take a much closer look at ALL sports on the hill.

That will include top football players so the Top sports destination for all sprots will rub off and we'll start seeing more Top football players gravitate to our footVOL Team too.

It's all going to come together soon and our Tennessee Teams will be seen on the top of all kinds of sports rankings and force more top high school players from all sports to once again see us as a Top destination for a great education and a great athletics career too.

We all need to give more support to ALL our sports programs and start making more noise because it will all trickle down to have a huge impact on our footVOL Team too!

VFL...GBO!!!

Umm, wasn't Phil the Athletic Director at UT? Just figured that there had to be some carryover, as this basically occurred under his watch, right?

No. It is occurring after his time here, and I do not attach any of this success to him. Not that we were total slouches under him, but this is all on our current AD, if you ask me. We are in a new era of success. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
The truth is, there are many fingerprints on this trophy, even beyond the athletic department. From academics to logistics, accomplishments of this breadth and magnitude are never achieved by one or two people, or even one or two departments.

Everyone on the UT payroll deserves to take a bow for this one.

While I agree with this, since we aren't really good at football (yet), we can take some pride in this broader athletic success. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
I wholeheartedly agree. It’s been too long though. And while i like all sports, football is my first love/a cruel mistress for too long.

That's what happens when you get an Athletic Director that not only knows the importance of sports to a school, but also knows how to keep the bean counters at bay.

Reactions: VolPack22

VN Store

Back