NEW SEC TOURNEY INFO

with weather the way it is.. what I just heard from upstairs is the SEC is hoping to get the Au game in today and then they will start back tomorrow single elimination if the weather does not clear up like immediately
Well it’s calling for 100% chance of rain tomorrow as well down here. Even playing tomorrow will be a challenge.

with weather the way it is.. what I just heard from upstairs is the SEC is hoping to get the Au game in today and then they will start back tomorrow single elimination if the weather does not clear up like immediately
Instead of canceling games, why not have multiple games at the same time when the weather does allow play to resume. They could use the Met and use Regions Field in Birmingham to get these games in. Regions field is a nice field and is capable of setting up television cameras to be nationally televised on ESPN or on the SEC alternate channel. Sanky is just an idiot.

Instead of canceling games, why not have multiple games at the same time when the weather does allow play to resume. They could use the Met and use Regions Field in Birmingham to get these games in. Regions field is a nice field and is capable of setting up television cameras to be nationally televised on ESPN or on the SEC alternate channel. Sanky is just an idiot.

They did play games one year at Rickwood Field as well as Regions. Don’t think you could get the TV stuff worked out on such short notice.

You could play at Regions, Hoover, Rickwood, and UAB but I would rather not have the guys potentially play 4 games over 2 days at end of season and then start and stop and start again.

TV stuff, umpire schedule (they're limited in number of games, needing a couple on reserve), all the stadium help. It's not that simple.

If it was truly only that easy

Reactions: Titan05
I like the fact that no one will have more than 1 loss.
Scrap tomorrow and just start Friday for 3 days. 8-4-2 single elimination. It’s just that simple
This. It’s not hard. Get the AU/UK game in and reset for Friday. You have 4 games Friday instead of the slated 2 with no one being off. If you reset Friday and it goes single elimination, nobody really has a major leg up on anyone else and the top 4 may actually be a little rustier due to being off for a week.

Last edited:
This. It’s not hard. Get the AU/UK game in and reset for Friday. You have 4 games Friday instead of the slated 2 with no one being off. If you reset Friday and it goes single elimination, nobody really has a major league up on anyone else and the top 4 may actually be a little rustier due to being off for a week.

Or the teams could play day/night double headers like the major league teams do when they have inclement weather.

This. It’s not hard. Get the AU/UK game in and reset for Friday. You have 4 games Friday instead of the slated 2 with no one being off. If you reset Friday and it goes single elimination, nobody really has a major league up on anyone else and the top 4 may actually be a little rustier due to being off for a week.
Hey, I'll be down on the 3rd.

It wouldn’t be easy by no means. But when you talk about a conference that brings in over $600 million in revenue every year, you would think they would have resources at there disposal for extreme situations.
They need to put VN on the payroll for critical thinking skills at times like this.

they got some kickback from schools apparently.. they are pushing to get it all in.. .. its interesting going upstairs at met..they are looking at multlple scenarios and change every 15 mins.. if they start another game today they will remain in double elim format.

And let's be blunt, one on the primary concerns of the SEC office is how can we get Alabama into the NCAA tournament. Not saying that will be the primary concern but I am certain it played a role in the cancellation of that last game against in-state Auburn.

If it takes a double-elimination tournament to get Alabama into the field, then we'll all be playing a double elimination tournament.

Why we all still allow the preeminent college sports conference to be run out of a de facto third world country; is beyond my understanding.

VN Store

Back