Williams To LSU

Live look at Dawn Staley...

raven-nervous.gif

Nowadays, that doesn't mean anything. She could play a yr at LSU jump into Lady vols hands because we treat transfers nicely 😆
That would be great but I truly don't see this happening unless Kim retires, which is very unlikely in the next 4 years. She had a great visit to LSU during last season and I am not sure she even took other visits. Also, LSU arguably inspires the biggest state loyalty as any state school anywhere. Rarely do star athletes in Louisiana go elsewhere unless a particular program is in disarray, say LSU football the last year.
Another factor that will change the transfer situation is that the extra COVID year will eventually stop being a factor. It was the extra COVID year that changed the transfer portal dramatically. The transfers will likely lessen once that is not in effect. They also are planning to limit the transfers to one unless you sit out an entire year. I do think we will continue to get some great transfers over the years due to how Kelly is rebuilding the program. However, we really can't mainly rely on those in the future. We need to get some prime Freshmen as well.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Julian Hollingshead, Brooklyn Miles, Sara Puckett, Karoline Striplin, and Kaiya Wynn all had big moments as freshmen in the SEC. Justine Pissott will have key moments as a freshman in ‘22-‘23. There’s nothing more to ask for and indeed the recruiting formula is working in Tennessee.
Every time a player commits to a different school it doesn’t have to over analyzed. Coach Harper and Coach Williams constantly explain their recruiting process but people still act as if every commit is the “#1” recruit on Tennessee board. Tennessee isn’t trying to sign every player.

Is she a top 5 player today? Better yet, players ranked low or unranked for that matter will have a great impact when getting in the right system at Power 5 schools. High School ratings are meaningless in any sport.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Is she a top 5 player today? Better yet, players ranked low or unranked for that matter will have a great impact when getting in the right system at Power 5 schools. High School ratings are meaningless in any sport.

I don’t know…. But Ashlynn Shade and Kamoria Arnold are !!!!! So maybe she will get playing time after a couple of years ? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Julian Hollingshead, Brooklyn Miles, Sara Puckett, Karoline Striplin, and Kaiya Wynn all had big moments as freshmen in the SEC. Justine Pissott will have key moments as a freshman in ‘22-‘23. There’s nothing more to ask for and indeed the recruiting formula is working in Tennessee.
Every time a player commits to a different school it doesn’t have to over analyzed. Coach Harper and Coach Williams constantly explain their recruiting process but people still act as if every commit is the “#1” recruit on Tennessee board. Tennessee isn’t trying to sign every player.

We aren't trying to sign every player? Tell us something we don't know. We haven't gotten even ONE commitment for '23 or '24, and our recruiting wasn't especially good in the last two years, either. We did land some nice transfers this year, yes--but in terms of high-school recruiting, whatever our recruiting process is, it hasn't been working very well, if we're honest.

We aren't trying to sign every player? Tell us something we don't know. We haven't gotten even ONE commitment for '23 or '24, and our recruiting wasn't especially good in the last two years, either. We did land some nice transfers this year, yes--but in terms of high-school recruiting, whatever our recruiting process is, it hasn't been working very well, if we're honest.

It’s common sense logic.. if people would attempt to reason in reality. Nobody on this forum even with exception of perhaps a few w/ connections to a college player, recruit, player etc know exactly what is happening behind the scenes of the recruitment process. The portal is recruiting and you just have to deal with it. If the team is monitoring its scholarships which is clearly the reason they “aren’t” trying to sign every player then I’m sure multiple recruits who they’re recruiting are still available. If a player they recruited who is no longer available committed that could tell an open minded person many things.
Contrary to your belief and a few others IT DOESN’T ALWAYS MEAN TENNESSEE LOSS A RECRUITING BATTLE.
Every single time a player commits people come on here and place emphasis on the decision if it was a kid who took one trip or recruiting visit to Tennessee and committed elsewhere. Just wish the kid luck and move on.. you talking about numbers of recruits when Tennessee has a roster of 16 players in 2022. They will know when and how to fill those open scholarship slots in the near future. Recruiting is chess not checkers.

Last edited:
It’s common sense logic.. if people would attempt to reason in reality. Nobody on this forum even with exception of perhaps a few w/ connections to a college player, recruit, player etc know exactly what is happening behind the scenes of the recruitment process. The portal is recruiting and you just have to deal with it. If the team is monitoring its scholarships which is clearly the reason they “aren’t” trying to sign every player then I’m sure multiple recruits who they’re recruiting are still available. If a player they recruited who is no longer available committed that could tell an open minded person many things.
Contrary to your belief and a few others IT DOESN’T ALWAYS MEAN TENNESSEE LOSS A RECRUITING BATTLE.
Every single time a player commits people come on here and place emphasis on the decision if it was a kid who took one trip or recruiting visit to Tennessee and committed elsewhere. Just wish the kid luck and move on.. you talking about numbers of recruits when Tennessee has a roster of 16 players in 2022. They will know when and how to fill those open scholarship slots in the near future. Recruiting is chess not checkers.

Based on my recruiting notes …, we had offers to 18 different recruits for 2023 ! Considering we will lose several players after this year ! We will still have 9 players in 2023 without any changes . Does not include Darby sister (walk on). My list includes 18 players with offers verses 6 scholarships available….. Everyone knows we will not sign all 18 players . Look at who decided to go elsewhere!

#1 Williams to LSU … she lives in Louisiana! DUH

#6 Shade to Uconn…. She did visit twice but ?

#20 Dew to Arizona… She lives in Nevada (close) to Arizona!

#25 Cody to Alabama…. Lives in Georgia? She did visit!

#35 Samuels to Uconn…. From Maryland

#39 S.Williams to Louisville. From Ohio. We did make her top 10

#64 Risch to Notre Dame . From Florida did visit

This is ONLY SIX recruits that we had made offers to but went elsewhere! Most of these players went to schools close in proximity and all are highly rated programs . We still have 9—10 recruits in the top rankings with some have visited and most have offers ! With 6 scholarships available for 2023 ….. I think we take three at the most ? JUST MY OPINION

I WILL POST RECRUITS we are still after in a few days if we don’t get an update?

While high school rankings aren't perfect, more often than not a team that has multiple top 5-10 HS ranked players ends up winning the national championship in WBB. I believe the last team that won the NC didn't have them was Texas A&M back in 2011and they had at least one top 15 player. Tennessee won't be the exception to the rule if they win it all this upcoming season.

VN Store

Back