2022 Excitement

It is so wonderful to look forward optimistically this year. I'm sure we'll have some heartbreaking losses along the way,
but this year. we'll win some games that we have become accustomed to losing in previous years. Go Big Orange!

Byron Young and his development I'm very excited about. He was unlockable against Kentucky and their NFL o-line

Jaylen Wright gets 1,000 yards???

Bru McCoy living up to his talent from finally being in the right situation 👍.

Hendon Hooker going for 4,000 yards and 40 TDs!

It'll come against Pitt. About half way through the second quarter we will know! I think the world will look up and take notice!
That may be the coming out party for this team because that game is between 2 games where we could score a lot of points and have a easy time getting the victory. If Pitt can't control our offense and we run away with that game then we could be onto something special. If we go into week 4 against Florida untested then Neyland is going to be unreal. If you think Oklahoma was loud in 2015 just wait.

Just hope the defense can get off the field. Then we will be fine.
I think we get better production this year from the defense. There going to give up points just learn to spread them out like they did against South Carolina and Missouri. They don't have to be elite just be respected and we should be fine.

I can’t wait to hear people complaining about offensive time of possession when we got 50 points on the board
I think it already happened. Twice.

Last year, there was a contingent among us here on vn.com who complained weekly about our low time of possession. Week in, week out. I think they took a break the week of the Mizzou game, because surprisingly, we actually held the clock longer than the Tiggers did. But just about every other week, a few folks would chime in with a complaint about ToP.

And I think that included the weeks we beat Tennessee Tech something like 56-0, and South Alabama 60-14. I think we held the ball less than 25 minutes in both games...in the South Alabama game it was like 22 or 23 minutes for us, and almost 40 for the Jaguars.

Heh.

ToP does not work as an indicator with Josh Heupel's offensive philosophy. It is absolutely meaningless. The Wildkittens of Kentucky can confirm, having held the ball 46 minutes while losing to us. :)

Go Vols!

Last year, there was a contingent among us here on vn.com who complained weekly about our low time of possession. Week in, week out. I think they took a break the week of the Mizzou game, because surprisingly, we actually held the clock longer than the Tiggers did. But just about every other week, a few folks would chime in with a complaint about ToP.

And I think that included the weeks we beat Tennessee Tech something like 56-0, and South Alabama 60-14. I think we held the ball less than 25 minutes in both games...in the South Alabama game it was like 22 or 23 minutes for us, and almost 40 for the Jaguars.

Heh.

ToP does not work as an indicator with Josh Heupel's offensive philosophy. It is absolutely meaningless. The Wildkittens of Kentucky can confirm, having held the ball 46 minutes while losing to us. :)

Go Vols!

You used South Alabama and Tech as examples??

And as far as Kentucky goes. Their offense OUT SCORED ours...

Our defense with its pick 6 was the difference in that game.

The Time of possession is a side effect of a real problem.

It's not just us scoring fast WHEN we actually score. Its the offense giving the ball back and not scoring anything many times a game!!

Last edited:

Heh.

Go Vols!
As Chip Kelly once said, time of possession just means you're good at standing around.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back