9 Wins?

RTE

Is this a likely result, or does UT stumble a bit this season? There are no wrong answers - we are playing with house money now!

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I don’t think you’d call it likely, but this is the first time in awhile that nobody would call you crazy for predicting it.

I really want to beat Florida and LSU….BADLY.
I agree. Doesn't sound crazy to possibly win 9 games this year. It may not happen, but I do believe it's possible.

I expect Florida to give up on this season at some point and maybe their HC too. They will give all against us, but it won’t be enough. We get the win this year.

I expect Ga to have a drop off and be beatable.

Alabama is ate up with NIL envy. The gump’s players could be bitter about playing for peanuts. They are a wild card.

LSU is beatable just like the rest on out schedule. Some more than others.

9 wins plus 1 for the bowl could be way under. Nothing will be easy.

I expect JH and staff to have our guys ready with a winning game plan for each team on our schedule.

I expect the players to put in the work and be ready to execute the game plan JH has for them each week.

I expect me to be able to go to, watch, or listen to all games.

Let the chips fall. I like our chances.

Ball State—Win
Pittsburgh—Win
Akron—Win
Florida—Win
LSU—Win
Alabama—Loss
UT Martin—Win
Kentucky—Win
Georgia—Loss
Missouri—Win
S. Carolina—Win
Vanderbilt—Win

10 wins are doable, with a possible 11th in a quality bowl game! Some might question the Pit game, but they lost their all-everything QB to the NFL and we will be better…which means we win. Similarly, FL seems to always have our number…not this year…UT wins at home. LSU will try to delay with fake injuries, but it won’t help them. Alabama will be closer than it’s been in a while, but alas their depth beats us in a close one in the 4th quarter. Similarly, GA will outgun us in the 2nd half. And finally, we win the last 3 for a 10 win season! GBO!

I hate to say it, but Carolina could be tough, depending on how their season goes. We have won the last 3, that’s where our streak ended last time. Luckily, it is the second to last game, so their depth will probably be depleted by then. But we rarely go into Carolina and win handily.

Depth and Defense will be the difference between 8 wins and 10.
The SEC is a grind and it will affect player availability due to injury.
We have a decent schedule to spread injuries but KY and Georgia loom large.

Reactions: VolPack22
I don’t think you’d call it likely, but this is the first time in awhile that nobody would call you crazy for predicting it.

I really want to beat Florida and LSU….BADLY.
Those 2 games will be most important games of the season. IF we get we can finally get past the Gators we have 2 weeks to get ready to go down there. We win those 2 games and we play on New Year’s Day in New Orleans or Dallas. Or we lose and we’re looking at Tampa or Jax.

Those 2 games will be most important games of the season. IF we get we can finally get past the Gators we have 2 weeks to get ready to go down there. We win those 2 games and we play on New Year’s Day in New Orleans or Dallas. Or we lose and we’re looking at Tampa or Jax.

I’m going to be at Pitt, Florida and at LSU. Those games will determine the season. If we’re 5-0, I’m tasting Sugar.

Ball State—Win
Pittsburgh—Win
Akron—Win
Florida—Win
LSU—Win
Alabama—Loss
UT Martin—Win
Kentucky—Win
Georgia—Loss
Missouri—Win
S. Carolina—Win
Vanderbilt—Win

10 wins are doabe

I agree. 10 wins is on the table. With our offense, we've got the best chance at 10 wins we've had in decades. We will need some breaks. Will need defense to improve. Need to stay healthy. Legitimately excited.

I agree. 10 wins is on the table. With our offense, we've got the best chance at 10 wins we've had in decades. We will need some breaks. Will need defense to improve. Need to stay healthy. Legitimately excited.

Pass rush. All about pash rush. Our secondary is not good, so we need Young and Baron to have All-SEC type years to have a shot at 10 wins.

Reactions: JO VOL
Pass rush. All about pash rush. Our secondary is not good, so we need Young and Baron to have All-SEC type years to have a shot at 10 wins.
I disagree a little bit.
We need the total defensive unit to improve for a legit shot at 10 wins. If we simply hold our offensive efficiency from last year to this, we only need the defense to have success at a few more stops per game.
Now, if we can get All SEC performances out of some of those D players, I think our odds change from "legit shot" at 10 to "favorable to win" 10.

I’m going to be at Pitt, Florida and at LSU. Those games will determine the season. If we’re 5-0, I’m tasting Sugar.
I’m with you. If we start 5-0 and then beat UK at home we’re probably looking at NY6 game going into South Carolina. I think I’m actually one of the few posters on here who actually think that USCjr is going to be much improved with Rattler at QB and then I think a very underrated transfer in Stogner at TE. There would be a lot of game pressure. That game would scare the hell out of me.

Reactions: dduncan4163
I’m with you. If we start 5-0 and then beat UK at home we’re probably looking at NY6 game going into South Carolina. I think I’m actually one of the few posters on here who actually think that USCjr is going to be much improved with Rattler at QB and then I think a very underrated transfer in Stogner at TE. There would be a lot of game pressure. That game would scare the hell out of me.

It doesn’t scare the hell out of me, but these are the type of games UT has dropped in the past.

Lsu and SC are gonna be tough on the road, Gators are down but they always seem to have our number for some reason, throw in probable losses to the Tide and Bulldogs and that leaves 7 wins plus a win in the bowl game

Lsu and SC are gonna be tough on the road, Gators are down but they always seem to have our number for some reason, throw in probable losses to the Tide and Bulldogs and that leaves 7 wins plus a win in the bowl game
I don’t think we lose all 5 of those games. Not saying we win 3 of 5, but I don’t see us losing all 5. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think we beat the Gators. We have a bye before we go to LSU, hopefully that works in our favor .

VN Store

Back