Great season, but Vols not getting to Omaha…

was a choke job of epic proportions. TN was 4-0 vs two teams in the finals.

Some of you may disagree, but I bet CTV and ball players privately agree with me. A great opportunity lost.
Why do you have to label it a choke job??? No one choked. Ask Ole Miss and their head coach how long it took them to win a natty? There’s a reason why it’s been since 1999 since the numero uno seed won a NC.

The Braves won the World Series as an 88 win team. The Dodgers (106 wins) and Giants (107 wins) were forced to play each other in the divisional round. The Braves beat a 95 win team 3-1, a 106 win team 4-2, and another 95 win team 4-2. I guess all of those teams choked too? Or maybe it’s just the nature of the sport, because rarely does the best team in baseball win the championship.

Some of you may disagree, but I bet CTV and ball players privately agree with me. A great opportunity lost.

I don’t think it was a choke job. It’s baseball. That’s why elite teams lose one or more series against an inferior team. I think losing Anderson impacted in game pitching decisions along with quiet bats at inopportune times. It stinks this team didn’t go to Omaha , but it was a special season where we came up short. Maybe next yr.

The Braves won the World Series as an 88 win team. The Dodgers (106 wins) and Giants (107 wins) were forced to play each other in the divisional round. The Braves beat a 95 win team 3-1, a 106 win team 4-2, and another 95 win team 4-2. I guess all of those teams choked too? Or maybe it’s just the nature of the sport, because rarely does the best team in baseball win the championship.
And the Braves did it without Acuna. Really bizarre and another reason I don’t bet on sports. 👍😀👊🍊

Apparently, 23 #1 seeds all choked one after another, year after year, 23 times.

Here's a few other championships in the past year:

NBA: Golden State (3 seed) over Boston (2 seed)
NFL: Rams (4 seed) over Bengals (4 seed)
MLB: Atlanta (3 seed) over Houston (2 seed)
NCAA FB: Georgia (3) over Bama (1)
NCAA BB: Kansas (a 1 seed, but #3 overall) over North Carolina (8 seed)

I wonder if there's a trend in there somewhere?

Here's a few other championships in the past year:

NBA: Golden State (3 seed) over Boston (2 seed)
NFL: Rams (4 seed) over Bengals (4 seed)
MLB: Atlanta (3 seed) over Houston (2 seed)
NCAA FB: Georgia (3) over Bama (1)
NCAA BB: Kansas (a 1 seed, but #3 overall) over North Carolina (8 seed)

I wonder if there's a trend in there somewhere?
Whole lotta chokin goin on!!

Once it gets to Omaha all bets are off, even the Super Regionals really. Every team there was deserving of being there. Then it's just who gets hot and stays hot. ND happened to be a little hotter than we were in the Super and we cooled off a bit at the wrong time. That's it. This program is in good hands.

Troll Central just called in...first time caller, long-time creep.

Attachments

• 35760309_10156570528049225_3956654534570278912_n.jpg
    35760309_10156570528049225_3956654534570278912_n.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1

VN Store

Back