How would beating the crap outta Florida in Neyland make you feel?

The last time we beat them, the "Jennings Tabor Toast" game, I sat in the stand and wept. I never expected that reaction. I shouldn't have expected it because it is JUST a game, after all. Also, it was so hot in Neyland there shouldn't have been any fluids remaining in my body.

How I would feel this time will be different. I will feel like we are righting the "rivalry" between our two programs. I will feel that what Spurrier did for Florida, Heupel is doing for the Vols. I will feel justified in my fandom. I will feel validated. I will feel hungry from many more wins.

The last time we beat them, the "Jennings Tabor Toast" game, I sat in the stand and wept. I never expected that reaction. I shouldn't have expected it because it is JUST a game, after all. Also, it was so hot in Neyland there shouldn't have been any fluids remaining in my body.

How I would feel this time will be different. I will feel like we are righting the "rivalry" between our two programs. I will feel that what Spurrier did for Florida, Heupel is doing for the Vols. I will feel justified in my fandom. I will feel validated. I will feel hungry from many more wins.
I want the same kind of game. Hooker, Tillman, Hyatt, Fant......

I. Cannot. Wait.

I despise UF more than any other opponent (in part because UT doesn't regularly play UNC). So it would be a big emotional boost but also a good step forward for the program. UF has beaten UT when they shouldn't have much like UT has beaten UK when they maybe shouldn't have. IMO for the program to truly take the next step forward, the Vols have to get that monkey off their backs.

Not overly excited tbh. Don’t get me wrong, it’s always good to beat a division opponent. But this series will end in a couple of years and none of this will really matter anyway. They’ve gotten the best of us over the entire series and I’m ready to move past it.

Not overly excited tbh. Don’t get me wrong, it’s always good to beat a division opponent. But this series will end in a couple of years and none of this will really matter anyway. They’ve gotten the best of us over the entire series and I’m ready to move past it.
I wouldn't call any current rivalry "ending" just because the frequency we play them will drop from annually to semi-annually.

More accurate to say that we will be keeping all our existing rivalries as well as re-establishing rivalries with a lot of teams from the West that we'd lost when the SEC split into divisions, and in addition creating new rivalries with Texas and Oklahoma.

All these rivalries, old and new, will just play out in slightly slower motion, at 5 games a decade rather than 10.

Go Vols!

Got my AirBNB reserved for that weekend. Coming with a few Gators, so Im ready to give em the business after the victory:)

Only because I know myself so well...I would be thrilled for about 5 minutes before I began looking forward to beating them again.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
The 2016 game is a great memory, the boy in the Florida shirt got to go with us because my wife and daughter had other plans. My son talked smack the entire ride from Memphis to Knoxville and needless to say it was a horrible first half but the excitement during that second half annihilation was unbelievable.

The boy grew up with a TN family but came to love football during the Tebow era hence his love for the gators and he is now a youth pastor.

Attachments

• IMG_0944 (1).JPG
    IMG_0944 (1).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 19

VN Store

Back