A Committee Secondary?

If they say they are going to 'rotate' cornerbacks or do cornerback 'by committee', in coach speak that means none of them are very good so they are just going to rotate and pray the light comes on for a couple of guys at some point.

Fortunately, that does not appear to be exactly what was said. I think he was just saying we have more depth at the position without making an insinuation as to their quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: HalfullVol
If they say they are going to 'rotate' cornerbacks or do cornerback 'by committee', in coach speak that means none of them are very good so they are just going to rotate and pray the light comes on for a couple of guys at some point.

Fortunately, that does not appear to be exactly what was said. I think he was just saying we have more depth at the position without making an insinuation as to their quality.
I don't care how good a player may be, but is physically difficult to play 90 snaps a game at any defensive position. I think we have much better talent available this year and that it is important for rotation to occur. It will likely mean the defense will be better, and able to get off the field more quickly in the second half. Not only will this improve the defense, it will also give the offense more opportunities to put points on the board, especially in the last half of the season.

Need to do this at LB too. The amount of snaps Banks played last year should have been illegal. Im kind of being serious. It’s dangerous to play as many snaps as he did. Body wears down and injuries become more prevalent. Hopefully the depth is there to let him and Beasley sit a few series every game.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back