How many wins would it take?

Least amount of wins that would be considered a good season for the Vols in 2022?

Votes: 1 0.7%

Votes: 11 8.0%

Votes: 78 56.9%

Votes: 42 30.7%

Votes: 4 2.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

ACvol3

How many wins do the Vols need for it to be a successful season in ‘22?

I think a baseline avg number of wins should be 7, considering it's just yr2 and where we were when Heupel and staff got here. Anything above 7 will be good.
I think you have to do a game better than last year for it to be considered good. 7 wouldn’t be alarming, but I wouldn’t consider it good

Reactions: StoneColdStunner
Including the bowl game - 9. 8 reg season. Gotta build on and show improvement from last year.

After seeing Roman Harper predict Vols going 10-2, I thought it would be interesting to see how high expectations were for fans.

Any season they get to a bowl game generally turns out to be "good" for me..but like other posters have said, they have to build on last year so I'm rolling with 8 wins..and that can include the bowl game.

I think you have to do a game better than last year for it to be considered good. 7 wouldn’t be alarming, but I wouldn’t consider it good
Right. I think 7 should be the baseline as avg. 6 would be disappointing, 8 would be good.

Reactions: ACvol3
9-3 imo.

We have to start beating good programs. 8-4 means we will have lost to the usual suspects in the regular season once again. I would feel much better about 8-4 if we won 9 in a bowl game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hacksaw and ACvol3
9-3 imo.

We have to start beating good programs. 8-4 means we will have lost to the usual suspects in the regular season once again. I would feel much better about 8-4 if we won 9 in a bowl game.

Ditto. Nothing to add. You said it all.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
In my opinion 7. Heupel is the first coach that we’ve had since Kiffin that has me remotely excited. I’m willing to be patient.

9 regular season wins should be the standard this year. We have to start beating teams like Florida and LSU to solidify the fact that we have indeed turned the corner and continue to generate recruiting excitement. Beating LSU on the road would be huge for the confidence of the players.

Having said that, 8 wins would not constitute a disaster by any stretch of the imagination.

Reactions: Hacksaw
8-4 minimum to be considered successful. 7-5 would be disappointing but not necessarily concerning. 6-6 would be concerning and anything worse than that would be alarming.
Yup. We still need to fill our roster out, and looking at last year we easily could’ve won 9 regular season games. 8 wins should be the goal, more than that is awesome, less is disappointing

8 would be exceeding expectations by .5 game, so that would definitely be good.

7 would also be fine or good.

50/50 chances

6 wins would be a bit disappointing, unless Hooker is injured. 9 would be a bit surprising and encouraging.

Maybe, but we also overachieved last year.

Not sure we should punish him for setting higher expectations. If he had been a typical new UT coach over the last 12 years, he would have won 5 games in Y1 and 6 would be good and 7 great.

Just sayin, but I do think the public and fanbase will expect a baseline of last year, so it is what it is.

Not sure we should punish him for setting higher expectations. If he had been a typical new UT coach over the last 12 years, he would have won 5 games in Y1 and 6 would be good and 7 great.

Just sayin, but I do think the public and fanbase will expect a baseline of last year, so it is what it is.
I don’t think 6 has ever been good

We did overachieve. But we also could’ve beat ole miss and Pitt. Last year seemed like 2015 to me, when we lost so many games by such a small margin. We really could’ve, and in my opinion should’ve, won 9 games last year. If we won 7 this year I’d be disappointed. It wouldn’t be alarming but I think we should win more.

VN Store

Back