Why to be an optimistic Tennessee fan...

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
This is pretty simple. Most people get it already. But there are some who might benefit from this visual portrayal of Why It Is Smart To Be An Optimist in Tennessee Volunteer football (and most other things):

Let's set a scale. Let's say green is nice, feels good, is comfortable ... yellow is middle ground ... red is unpleasant, even painful.

And let's pick a fictional month. In this fictional month, the Vols lose on the first Saturday, but then win on the 2nd and 3rd Saturdays.

An optimist's calendar would look like this:

1660843324435.png

Meanwhile, the pessimist has to suffer through this:

1660843340220.png

And there you have it. Be an optimist, folks, it's a much more pleasant life. Don't be a Volador.

Go Vols!

I just love the Vols, I’m gonna be there for Ball St, we’re gonna kill them, and I’m gonna enjoy every minute!

This is pretty simple. Most people get it already. But there are some who might benefit from this visual portrayal of Why It Is Smart To Be An Optimist in Tennessee Volunteer football (and most other things):

Let's set a scale. Let's say green is nice, feels good, is comfortable ... yellow is middle ground ... red is unpleasant, even painful.

And let's pick a fictional month. In this fictional month, the Vols lose on the first Saturday, but then win on the 2nd and 3rd Saturdays.

View attachment 481644

View attachment 481645

And there you have it. Be an optimist, folks, it's a much more pleasant life. Don't be a Volador.

Go Vols!

Be an optimist in all aspects of life and your days will be much greener all the time.

Some have a perverse desire to live in misery though. And we all know misery loves company...so they become as devout to their "way" as a missionary in a foreign country. Also like a missionary they feel compelled do share their misery with all they come in contact with on a regular basis.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
There’s no draw back to being optimistic.

Fans in the stands have a responsibility to make Neyland a hostile environment every game.

At which time in these calendars does the OP get a visit from "Aunt Flo"...

At which time in these calendars does the OP get a visit from "Aunt Flo"...
Think if TN can go 8-4 with this schedule they are a top 15 team to be feared. Once we get Nico on board & Tayven a year in the system with Banks, Garner & Martinez on D nobody is going to want to play us. Book it Dano.

Optimism is a state of mind brought about by choice... So, we currently have a returning starting QB that is REALLY good, to be conservative. His name appears in articles that include the name Heisman. The last time the Vols had a good starting QB return was 2016. The coach at that time was so astute that he never focused the team around generational talent Alvin Kamara. Fast forward (only) 6 years. Things have dramatically changed. Our staff has built a great culture around the football family and accountability. I like that better than a HC running through the toilets praising guys on the clarity of their urine. Yea, I'm optimistic.

Optimism is a state of mind brought about by choice... So, we currently have a returning starting QB that is REALLY good, to be conservative. His name appears in articles that include the name Heisman. The last time the Vols had a good starting QB return was 2016. The coach at that time was so astute that he never focused the team around generational talent Alvin Kamara. Fast forward (only) 6 years. Things have dramatically changed. Our staff has built a great culture around the football family and accountability. I like that better than a HC running through the toilets praising guys on the clarity of their urine. Yea, I'm optimistic.
Not sure this is where I want to go with this conversation but TN has speed at every position & Bowden did a lot with speed at FL ST.

View attachment 481644

View attachment 481645

Go Vols!
I’ve always considered myself an optimistic pessimist - I am very confident about seeing how terribly wrong everything will go….. Ha! Go VOLS!

The more people that believe Tennessee will win 10+ games, that believe Tennessee will beat Alabama and Florida, the more likely it becomes.

VN Store

Back