‘23 LA CB Carl Williams IV

VolByLaw

Wow....he has better film than any of our committed CBs :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:.

This dude is legit.
-Trusts his speed in transition.
- great hands
- physical dude
- great instincts
- really really fast!

Alphonzo Smith is who he plays like. Kid from Pahokee FL that played at Wake Forest and then Denver Broncos.

Hell yeah get this kid!!

Wow....he has better film than any of our committed CBs :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:.

This dude is legit.
-Trusts his speed in transition.
- great hands
- physical dude
- great instincts
- really really fast!

Alphonzo Smith is who he plays like. Kid from Pahokee FL that played at Wake Forest and then Denver Broncos.

Hell yeah get this kid!!
This kid has some nasty in his game. A rare quality in a true cover corner. Bring him on.

This kid has some nasty in his game. A rare quality in a true cover corner. Bring him on.
He seems to be the only kid Dave Aranda pulled from Louisiana.
All the other kids are Texas kids, and all the other CBs he has committed look pretty stout to!
I trust his evaluations a great deal!

Like you said. This kid has some bite!!

He seems to be the only kid Dave Aranda pulled from Louisiana.
All the other kids are Texas kids, and all the other CBs he has committed look pretty stout to!
I trust his evaluations a great deal!

Like you said. This kid has some bite!!
Edit: no disrespect to our current committed guys. I'm thrilled with our CB commitments. I just hope we add this kid too...

When I first starting coaching in the traveling football league in the Atlanta area, I drafted the fastest play available with every choice. We won the Atlanta league. Speed kills and covers up some mistakes.

What team did you coach and what years?

10.49 100 meter
Oh my. If the 5'11" is legit with that kind of speed then pull him on in.

It isn't easy to get me excited over recruiting any more. I've just witnessed excitement turn into reality with too many players and classes over the years. But this DB class is really starting to look good. The quality looks good and the depth.

I have a very hard time believing the 10.49 is legit, or at least not wind-aided.

Here's the rest of the blurb about his 100 meter times from 247: Ran 100-meter times of 10.49, 11.26, 11.39, and 11.57 as a junior in Spring 2022. Ran the third leg of Southern Lab's Louisiana 1A state champion 4x100 relay and third leg of the bronze-winning 4x200 relay.

That's way too big a spectrum (from 10.49 to 11.57) in one track season to not question the 10.49, when all of the other times are low to mid 11s.

I have a very hard time believing the 10.49 is legit, or at least not wind-aided.

Here's the rest of the blurb about his 100 meter times from 247: Ran 100-meter times of 10.49, 11.26, 11.39, and 11.57 as a junior in Spring 2022. Ran the third leg of Southern Lab's Louisiana 1A state champion 4x100 relay and third leg of the bronze-winning 4x200 relay.

That's way too big a spectrum (from 10.49 to 11.57) in one track season to not question the 10.49, when all of the other times are low to mid 11s.
Yea something is off, there’s no amount of wind that’s taken off 1 second in track.

Oh my. If the 5'11" is legit with that kind of speed then pull him on in.

It isn't easy to get me excited over recruiting any more. I've just witnessed excitement turn into reality with too many players and classes over the years. But this DB class is really starting to look good. The quality looks good and the depth.
That blurb about his time comes from a brief description on 247. The times didn't seem consistent. Like a whole second faster between runs haha. So I thought it was a typo maybe it was 10.99?

Nope. It is an official time via the Louisiana State athletics and on Athletic.net.
The 10.49 is legit. And honestly once you see his film, you do believe he is that fast.

I like all 3 of our CBs. And Matthews and Gibson have better offers than this kid. But it's not odd at all that our staff is trying to add him. This guy is a true island CB. Speed. Ups! Hands and super physical. Pacman Jones, Jenoris Jenkins physical.

Not going to get into star ranking about him, but of course it's way off. And the staff must have just now got wind of him? The timing of the offer is odd, but once you see him, you understand the offer regardless of who we have committed.

Last edited:
That blurb about his time comes from a brief description on 247. The times didn't seem consistent. Like a whole second faster between runs haha. So I thought it was a typo maybe it was 10.99?

Nope. It is an official time via the Louisiana State athletics and on Athletic.net.
The 10.49 is legit. And honestly once you see his film, you do believe he is that fast.

I like all 3 of our CBs. And Matthews and Gibson have better offers than this kid. But it's not odd at all that our staff is trying to add him. This guy is a true island CB. Speed. Ups! Hands and super physical. Pacman Jones, Jenoris Jenkins physical.

Not going to get into star ranking about him, but of course it's way off. And the staff must have just now got wind of him? The timing of the offer is odd, but once you see him, you understand the offer regardless of who we have committed.
I didn't think we would sign 7 DB's, but if you look at our roster and the age of the DB's we have, it makes sense to sign 4 corners. I just figured they'd go the JUCO or portal route. With that being said, this kid's skill set fits perfectly with what they want to do on defense. Quality depth on defense will be what decides if this team is good or great in the future.

It makes you wonder if it was a typo and should have been 11.49.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back