Checkmate

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
I acknowledge that Oklahoma provided the inspiration for our checkering Neyland when they pulled off that stripe Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium. However, our checkering is much more impressive, and shows out better both live and on TV. I have little doubt it will play a role, however large or small, in influencing recruits to come to Tennessee. Checkered Neyland is just too awesome to ignore. Then there's the Vol-crowd noise. I may be Jim Carreying, but I think combined with how Heupel & Co. recruit, give us two more years and people will once again dread p[laying Tennessee.

Agree. I want people to dread playing TN. I want opponents to hate TN. I want to hear more of this (from my brother-in-law Gator fan):

"Cheaters cheat"
"They lowdown"
"They dirty"
"Neyland looks like a garbage truck convention"
"Being a winning program for the first time since '99 must be exciting."
"It's all garbage trucks"
"I guess cheating pays off this year"
"Inside of a pumpkin, vomit orange"
"Gator defense is ****"

Agree. I want people to dread playing TN. I want opponents to hate TN. I want to hear more of this (from my brother-in-law Gator fan):

"Cheaters cheat"
"They lowdown"
"They dirty"
"Gator defense is ****"
He sounds pleasant

"Cheaters cheat"
"They lowdown"
"They dirty"
"Gator defense is ****"
What’s the deal about garbage trucks???

Nobody is excited to face us now. LSU already making excuses...

Hold that Tiger, bud. We're not quite there yet. But if Heupel can keep his staff together long enough for us to have a bona fide defense to go with our offense, we'll be a terror. But we aren't quite there yet. I do know Kirby was scared enough that he left his first stringers throughout the whole game with us. In his own words when questioned about it, he basically said, they put up points too fast for you to lax off.

Last edited:

"Cheaters cheat"
"They lowdown"
"They dirty"
"Gator defense is ****"

Umm not only is your brother-in-law a Gator, he’s a plagiarist. Pretty much all that is from one of my favorite videos ever:

Reactions: Vol_in_NC_1999

"Cheaters cheat"
"They lowdown"
"They dirty"
"Gator defense is ****"

Everyone always says the “Inside of a pumpkin orange” thing, and that never made sense to me. Our colors are much more similar to the outside of a pumpkin. Most of the inside is like a tan color.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dont forget that we can go straight from the game to do community service in our orange outfits.

And buttchuggers

And Ain't been good since The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

Haters gonna hate

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I acknowledge that Oklahoma provided the inspiration for our checkering Neyland when they pulled off that stripe Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium. However, our checkering is much more impressive, and shows out better both live and on TV. I have little doubt it will play a role, however large or small, in influencing recruits to come to Tennessee. Checkered Neyland is just too awesome to ignore. Then there's the Vol-crowd noise. I may be Jim Carreying, but I think combined with how Heupel & Co. recruit, give us two more years and people will once again dread p[laying Tennessee.
Actually we checkered a basket ball game in 2006

Who cares what they "hate"? We have enough Tennessee fans to take care of the haters. -- And they are growing by the day! My Dad lives in VA Tech land, and even he was impressed by "Checker-Neyland" -- which they kept showing over & over again from the Goodyear blimp. Combined with the performance of our offense, Tennessee is starting to look attractive again. (And getting more media attention)!

"Cheaters cheat"
"They lowdown"
"They dirty"
"Gator defense is ****"
Favorite BIL I'm sure

No one wants to play against our offense. When our defense catches up, no one will want to play us at all.
Guess what? You’re all fence is going to struggle against a good defense and another team that has a great offense like Alabama. You’re also going to take a drop off next year. Tennessee right now it’s like some of the old Georgia Teams before Kirby Smart. They were good but not good enough. Every time they had a really good season and were ready for the next season to advance they lost their quarterback just like you’re going to lose Hooker. Just wait and see whatever you do this year you’ll take a step back next year. You forget Alabama has The top rated recruitment basically every year and not far behind is Georgia. It’s going to take years to catch up with them and that’s going to take top-five recruiting by Tennessee as well. You may catch them on any given Saturday and beat them but you won’t do it on a consistent basis until you have consistent recruiting like they have had

VN Store

Back