(Rat Poison warning) Josh Pate says 10-2 should be seen as the floor for Tennessee.

Ooh, yeah, definite rat poison.

We've gone from 7-5 as a floor pre-season to 8-4 as the floor after we beat Pitt to 9-3 as a reasonable floor now. But before we start declaring 10-2 the FLOOR, let's beat LSU first. They are certainly peer competition and will likely be just as tough a game as Pitt and Florida were.

p.s. And if we do beat LSU, we will be in that strange situation where our floor and ceiling are at most one game apart from each other, and maybe share the same spot. lol

2e823f87e5f2a84d55418887d589c01c.jpg

I think 9-3 is the most likely outcome with a losses to Georgia, Alabama, and either LSU or someone we should probably have beaten. If this happens, I think it was still a very impressive season and I’m completely satisfied.

I think 10-2 is also very possible, especially if we win the LSU game. The key in that situation will be to prepare correctly for each game and take none of them for granted. I haven’t seen any issues with that under Heupel. If we go 10-2 then I’m thrilled.

Anything better than that is gonna require some very special conditions. I’ll be through the moon if we go 11-1 or 12-0 but I do not believe those are reasonable expectations.

I think the absolute floor right now is 8-4 with losses to the big 2, LSU, and someone else. If this happens then we definitely had something go wrong that should not have that cost us a game. While I would be somewhat disappointed, this would still be a progress and shows improvement.

Anything lower than that would be disconcerting. That feeling of “oh no.. I don’t like where this is going..” would be hard to ignore.

Josh Pate is just looking for clicks.

8-4 is the floor..LSU; Bama and Georgia are easily.talented enough to beat us and Kentucky is well coached and developed enough to beat us.

Losing to all four would be disappointing but i would still be on the CJH bamdwagon. Especially if the injury bug were to hit.

10-2 is a possibility but 9-3 is the likely outcome of the regular season.

Heupel is good coach and developer. But he has been here 21 months after taking over the dumpster fire of dumpster fires. Lets give him at least one more season before we start putting nearly impossible expectations on him.

I think 9-3 is the most likely outcome with a losses to Georgia, Alabama, and either LSU or someone we should probably have beaten. If this happens, I think it was still a very impressive season and I’m completely satisfied.

I think 10-2 is also very possible, especially if we win the LSU game. The key in that situation will be to prepare correctly for each game and take none of them for granted. I haven’t seen any issues with that under Heupel. If we go 10-2 then I’m thrilled.

Anything better than that is gonna require some very special conditions. I’ll be through the moon if we go 11-1 or 12-0 but I do not believe those are reasonable expectations.

I think the absolute floor right now is 8-4 with losses to the big 2, LSU, and someone else. If this happens then we definitely had something go wrong that should not have that cost us a game. While I would be somewhat disappointed, this would still be a progress and shows improvement.

Anything lower than that would be disconcerting. That feeling of “oh no.. I don’t like where this is going..” would be hard to ignore.

Should have read yours before posting.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
This is so bull$hit. Already got best WR down & QB beat up.
Both will be fine. Hooker’s injury isn’t unbearable. It isn’t like in 04 when Schaefer broke his collarbone out of nowhere. I think he just got bruised up real good and Tillman should be back by Bama.

That said… a 10-2 floor is asking to be disappointed.

Both will be fine. Hooker’s injury isn’t unbearable. It isn’t like in 04 when Schaefer broke his collarbone out of nowhere. I think he just got bruised up real good and Tillman should be back by Bama.

That said… a 10-2 floor is asking to be disappointed.

You lost me on Schaefer, EdO.

Hahaha. He was just ahead of his time. Transferred out when he realized Ainge took his job.

Went to Ole Miss and couldn’t play there either. Ended up at WR I believe. He went something like 16 straight possessions without scoring a point in 2004 at Tennessee. You and Bill King are the only people who thought he was any good. Congrats.

Talking heads gotta talk to get clicks. The older I get the more it’s all just noise. As the games play out we’ll know where we stand. Until then I just enjoy the ride and wait for the next opponent. GBO!
I agree. People get on and off teams pretty quick. If we get past LSU then things will really start to get a little crazy around here. I’m really just enjoying being relevant again. It’s awesome

Went to Ole Miss and couldn’t play there either. Ended up at WR I believe. He went something like 16 straight possessions without scoring a point in 2004 at Tennessee. You and Bill King are the only people who thought he was any good. Congrats.
I never said he was any good. Just comparing injuries.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I think 9 wins including the bowl game would be a great season. Where we are right now is that fine line between good and great. A lot of young players and now all this praise, I will be surprised if we don't drop one we should win. I guess though, we may be just as likely to win against bama as lose against kentucky. We aren't at a point yet where we should take any game for granted. There are teams coming up that will make us pay for the mistakes we have been making.

I honestly will not be surprised by anything from 8-4 and 10-2. Even 11-1 is possible if we get some breaks and have some defensive players emerge. But to say 10-2 as our floor is just crazy talk right now.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
If we beat LSU it’s certainly a possibility. Otherwise, there’s really no way it happens with Alabama and Georgia still on the schedule.

VN Store

Back